Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday....Monday....Same Thing.

Its 6:15 on Saturday morning and I've been up since 4am.  Yeah, I don't want to talk about it.  My body clock evidently thinks its Monday morning ALL THE TIME.  I tried to fall back asleep which proved to be a failed effort, so I finally got up at 4:30 and was organizing my tupperware and fridge by 5am.  There is so much wrong with this picture that I don't even know where to begin.  Although, I will say that my ability to completely conquer a messy cabinet is incredible....pretty much the only thing to remotely brag about at 6am while everyone else is getting sleep.  While envious, I'm jacked up on coffee right now so sleep is not an option....but sweating is.  Once that first sip hits my veins its all over....combine that with the ridiculously warm weather we are having, and I'll basically be sweating like a pregnant woman March-September.  

Well, my workout yesterday was great...shoulders, core, and some cardio.  One of the best things I did was switch to twice a week for shoulders.  After months of training, they've increased depth and shape, giving me a little more of a V-taper.  Details.  Anyway, I tried to wear myself out so that I would nap in my lounge chair that afternoon.  I succeeded.  I was asleep, face down, practically in a coma within 5 minutes.  I was amazed I stayed out there for nearly 3 hours, but I'm not even going to think about wearing shorts to work without a tan.  Sounds vain?  Its for the sake of everyone.  I do not have beautiful fare skin like some people.  In the winter it looks like I have polio.  I need some color.

I still cannot believe its now only 6:40.  I'll go get my cardio done in about 30 minutes and then contemplate organizing something else.  I need an intervention. 

So what's on tap for the weekend?  Ya know, even as disciplined as I like to think I am in regards to fitness, the weekends can get questionable if you don't plan.  Most people consume at least 400 extra calories on Saturday alone (fact), which equates to an extra 6 pounds per year.  That's not counting extra parties, holidays, etc.  There are certainly times to enjoy gatherings and splurge a little, but within reason.  Its about balance.  Personally, I still try to prepare my weekend day-time meals just as I would for work so that I can grab-them-and-go when I have to run errands and what not.  That way I don't even have to think about it.  The same time it takes you to stand in line, order, and sit to eat crap at the mall, you could have made a sandwich at home and packed it for the road.  Period.  And you just saved 5 bucks.  Boom.

Ok, enough sitting.  I've got to get up and do something.  Here's to the weekend!  Enjoy,...stay focused...and spend time with the people who bring out the best in you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment