Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mom, I Can Explain....

I just got off the phone with my parents answering machine.  At 28, I am not above prank calling them on April Fools.  I'm not too worried if they figure out its me,...my dad's voicemail has been full since 2006 because he has no clue how to clear it. 
Great way to cap off my evening.  I expect a phone call in approximately 17 minutes from my mom in which the phrases "what is wrong with you?.....how are you my child?....you are sick" will be interspersed accordingly.

One of the best April Fools was my sophomore year in college.  It was almost 1am and all of a sudden I had "a GREAT idea."  For the record, NONE of my ideas are great after 10pm, nor are any wise decisions made.  Pretty much explains college for the majority of you.  But at that point in my life I was a genius.  There was this guy who was dating one of my suite-mates and had a voice of a 40 year old historian.  It was creepy, but exactly what I needed.  I had him call my parents at 1am and pose as the campus police.  It took about 5 seconds before my mom hit freak-out mode.  He told them that I'd been arrested for streaking and public intoxication and that I was being held overnight.  I thought my dad was going to jump through the phone.  I'm pretty sure at one point he wasn't worried that I was cold and couldn't locate my pants, he was just thinking what an idiot.  However, I did feel bad that my mom was on the verge of tears.  When "the officer" let me talk to them I was explaining the whole fake story of their only daughter baring all through campus and everyone in the room was about to lose it.  I couldn't hold it in any longer.  After about 10 minutes on the phone I blurted out "APRIL FOOLS!!"
Yeah, they didn't find it too funny...

Well, my Sunday started at 5am.  I'm still having a hard time staying asleep at night and actually getting more zzz's on the weekend.  Honestly, its left me extremely exhausted during the day, and having to take a nap around 1pm.  Now its 9:00 and I'm pretty much wide awake.  This is absurd.

New week folks!  New MONTH!  Where are you headed?  What's the theme of this month for you in regards to your health/fitness?  Hmmm...I'd have to say my theme is Details.  I get into such a rhythm sometimes that I don't tune into the details of my workouts.  I want to be mentally in the moment through every rep,...and that's a level of focus that is definitely hard on days when my body is very tired.  BUT, no excuses right?!

Well, I've got to pack the gym bag, unload the dryer, blah blah...here we go April...game time!

No comments:

Post a Comment