Friday, March 2, 2012

Mentally getting there...

Its a rainy Friday....which I honestly love. 
Yes, its definitely made me feel a little more tired, but what the heck, I'm pretty much used to that! 

I couldn't even stay awake last night to watch J-Shore and get my fix of ridiculous television.  I was out by 9:30....and by out I mean I was in the recliner and getting borderline angry that I had to walk up 15 stairs to go to bed.  The thought of taking more steps hurt my soul.  When you're on your feet for 13 hours, extra steps is like getting smacked after a cage fight. 

Needless to say, I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night.  Much needed! 
This morning was cleaning-mode and then time spent coming up with my hip-hop routine for tomorrow's class.  I'm getting quicker, which is good and saving me time.  Apparently I can go full-fledged ganster at 8am...explains a lot.
Then it was on to my workout.

Usually, I do not even go into the gym on my day off, but today I had to take care of a couple of things so I decided to hit my workout mid-morning.  Clients were still working out and I think it threw them off a little bit to see me sucking some wind.  I actually had a client ask me one time if I worked out.  Really?  For the record, do not ever consider a personal trainer who does not work out...ever...
And yes, I do believe in stupid questions...no matter what your 3rd grade teacher said.  She was just trying not to demolish an 8 year old ego.  

Today's workout started with shoulders...press....lateral raise drop-sets...front raise drop-sets...oh the fun.  Then it was on to glutes/hamstrings....lunges...hamstring curls...pull-backs....split jumps...I was pretty darn tired by the end, but a great workout.  It was honestly a good feel to have other people in there while I was lifting.  Usually its just Garrett and Brian or me by myself, so to have more "energy" in there was a good change.  Felt like college....except my shorts are longer. I'm totally serious.


Had some good quiet time today...
I kept thinking about why we quit.  Why do we give in to the temptation of easy?  I certainly think everyone's reasons are a little different, but the theme is the same....its uncomfortable.  Physically, yes...the sweat, struggle, high heartrate, etc.....BUT, its also mentally uncomfortable.  Think about it, to push through and move forward there must be an internal belief that the outcome outweighs any struggle during the process.  Stepping out in that belief means being OK with being uncomfortable.  It means being OK to face every excuse you've ever given and throw it out the window.  It means being OK with the idea that you are worth it no matter what you've believed in the past.  It means being OK with success and raising the bar instead of continuously being satisfied with less than mediocre.  ALL that can be scary, because its outside our comfort zone.  Well friends, there is little life inside a comfort zone.  Dare to break out.

Something to think about.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, went to the doctor today to make sure I want wimping out on my running unnecessarily, turns out I have a sinus infection &a little wheezing going on. Picked up my meds & inhaler, I'm hoping to be as good as new by Monday's 24 mi run!! :)
    Now I can push through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got some answers...and meds! Sinus infections are no fun...I used to get them all the time in college. Perhaps it was God's way of keeping me from going out until 4am. Ha. Hope you can rest up this weekend!

      Delete