Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sprints on Hump-day

Wednesdays never cease to amaze me.
I woke up from my face-down-borderline-hibernation sleep panicking because I honestly had no clue what day it was or what the heck I needed to be doing.  Its the most ridiculous 20 seconds of my day.  Off a roaring start!

I am always entertained on the road at 5:30 in the morning.  Me...the truckers....and a few questionable vehicles.
I passed one car that got pulled over and might as well had a target on his hood.  Bright neon blue, racing stripes, light around the license plate (which stopped being ok when 2Pac went "missing"), and a spoiler that practically enabled the hideous thing to take flight.  It was absurd, and yet kept me briefly entertained during my morning commute.  Clearly, it doesn't take much prior to sunrise...

One thing that is actually a relief to me most Wednesday mornings is knowing that I get a 24 hour break from the weights.  Yes, I love it, but after 2 days of hard lifting I am sore and somewhat look forward to just cardio.  Emphasis on somewhat.  8 minutes into my sprints and any fond feelings toward that treadmill are completely gone.  I did 20 minutes of sprints...heartrate between 186-192, then 20 minutes walking incline 11.  Thankfully, it went by fairly quickly and then I had 20 minutes to shower and change before my next clients.

It was a great day with clients, and I swear everyone got the 20-minute-early memo.  Tomorrow it will be the opposite just to spice my life up....(the nice way of putting it).  I am anal about being on time.  Its a matter of respect and courtesy.  I get it from my dad.  His idea of "on-time" is sitting in the parking lot 30 minutes before the doors open.  No greeter at that time,...no, you greet yourself.  When we took family vacations to the beach we would leave at 4am....its only 4 hours away and we couldn't get a key until 3pm.  Nuts.  There we were putting on our swimsuits in a random McDonald's off the highway....people trying to devour a McMuffin, and we walk out in floaties and enough sunscreen lathered on our face to survive Armageddon.  What a site.
Anyway, that's probably why I have an issue about being on time.  I blame dad.

Ah, its about that time.  Bed time.  Thursday will be here full steam ahead....night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment