Monday, March 12, 2012

"Survey Says!..."

I just watched Family Feud and pretty much dominated the show.  I shouldn't be proud of this, but it was definitely a highlight of the night.  Besides providing both families with all the answers, the other great part of the show was the girl on roller skates.  This is horrible, but I was bracing myself for a face-plant on national tv....I was trying not to blink so I wouldn't miss it.  That's bad, I know.  One of the questions was at what age is sex drive in overdrive?  The first man said 13.  Really?....Thirteen?  Dear lord, lock your kids up asap.  The top answer was 18...which is what I said.  Too bad that wasn't on the SAT.

Ah Monday.
It was a typical Monday...all the spring-breakers are back and confessing all the their health-related-sins they committed while in Florida, on a cruise, in L.A., etc....dirty sinners.  I have no sympathy....but here they are, ready to roll and get back on track.  The biggest thing when returning from vacation is to sort-of "detox" the machine.  I'm not talking fasting or some weird concoction, but rather drinking tons of water, eating plenty of veggies (especially greens and asparagus which have great detoxifying properties), and breaking a sweat in the gym!  Our bodies like routine and schedule, and while a restful vacation is needed at times, its important to get the nutrition, sleep, and workouts back on track.  It can be a slippery slope with one missed workout/clean meal after another....so get your butt back on the wagon!

Workout today was great.  I had back, biceps, and cardio.  Everything felt a little heavier than normal, but I was ok with how my workout went as a whole.  I really need to spend more time on the width of my back.   Its about proportion.  You want a V-taper from the shoulders to the waist and then another "quad sweep" through the legs.  I naturally have a thicker waist, so I need a wider upper back and broad shoulders to make it look smaller.  This is what happens when you compete for a few years...you look at your body in a totally new light.  Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad.  Nonetheless, that's how I assess things right now and adjust my nutrition/training accordingly. 
Tomorrow is chest, shoulders, and maybe quads.  If not, I'll hit legs on Wednesday.

8:40 and my body feels like its 11pm.  There is a sink full of dishes and a husband comatose in the recliner.  Unless a leprechaun pops out of the broom closet with a sponge and step-stool, these dishes are not going to get done.  Here we go...

Have a great night folks, get ready for another amazing day.  Face it with confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment