Sunday, March 18, 2012

Be Your Own Catalyst

Sunday morning.
I am sucking down coffee like I'm being hazed at 7am.  Pumpkin Spice better bring its A-game because I only got 5 hours of sleep.  Watery eyes...looking like I just came out of a cage fight....its great I swear.  But definitely worth it.
We went to babysit the niece's last night, and stayed a little longer to visit once David and Kelly came home.  Those girls are something else.  Haven is going through the stage where she is extremely attached to her parents, and the second they leave the bottom falls out.
There we were,...Payton at one end of the table eating her dinner, and Haven wailing at the other.  Then Payton starts screaming at the top of her lungs trying to funny...Ryan and I start busting out laughing because at this point our eardrums are twitching and poor Haven is crying so hard she can't see and is drooling all over the place.  I can't get Haven to eat a single thing, and Payton is resorting  to a face-planted position, eating peas off the table.  What a scene.   It was an eventful St. Patty's Day....


Well, my meatballs are done, veggies chopped, and now waiting for this coffee to hit me before I head for some cardio.  I'm thinking its going to be a quick session since I'm going to hit some balls today.  The combination of not enough sleep + too much cardio beforehand might prove to be bad for everyone.  I'd be the only person throwing clubs in a fit of rage at the driving range.  Honestly, I wouldn't put it passed me.  I come from a long line of people with anger-management-issues.  Explains a lot.

On to other things...

So what's on tap for this week?
I firmly believe in a plan.  Even though I like to be chronically organized when it comes to my agenda and "where I'm headed", its easy to get side tracked.  Then, before we know it we're moving in circles instead of forward.  Well, doing the same thing over and over with the same results and expecting something different is the definition of insanity.  We've got enough of that around us on a daily basis...
So here's a little suggestion.  Get in the habit on Sunday to sit and think about your goals....fitness, work related, personal, etc.  Then ask yourself what you plan to do in the upcoming week to help move closer to achieving them.  Sounds simple, right?  But how long have we had "lose 20 pounds" on that list?...or "make healthier meals for my family"....or "improve my resume"? ....If you're waiting for someone to make it easier or hand you accomplishments on a silver platter you'll wait yourself right into a life of what if.
Time to move forward.  CHOOSE to move forward.  Becoming your own catalyst for change just may be the bravest, most empowering thing you do.  You said "tomorrow" yesterday.  Embrace it.

Enjoy the day...and prepare for a new week and new opportunities!

2 comments:

  1. Meredith, I did it!!!!!! Finished all 26.2 miles in 3:40:01--that's a new PR by one second, a Boston Qualifying time, third in my age group, and a complete boost in my training!! :) Wow, a huge surprise with a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lora, THAT IS AWESOME!!! I hope you are basking in your excitement :) Way to go lady!

      Delete