Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Barefeet unleashed!

I swear I feel like by the time I come in the door, change clothes (because one can only survive in spandex for so long), make dinner, go through the mail, and finally sit down to eat, its already 8pm.  It's 8:08 to be exact and I am finally scarfing down cabbage like I won't be fed for the next 3 days.  It takes me a while to sort of wind-down...and after 8pm, it can be all downhill...

Today was a good day...a little slower since so many of my clients are vacationing for spring break.  A week from today I'll get the 'ol story..."Mer, my pants are tight, I drank too much, and who are these kids and why are they calling me 'mom'?!"  Ah yes, the post-vacation sugar and family detox...
Anyway, the day rolled on.
My day started with a lovely client, who has steadily been in the process of losing almost an entire person!  She's lost 94 pounds since she's been with us and I finally convinced her to let me post her picture online...ha, I felt a little creepy, not going to lie.  Check her out on my Facebook page (Meredith Falcon, CPT)!  She's an inspiration and ran 3 5k races in the past 5 weeks.  94 pounds ago, a warm-up walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes was exhausting to her.  Amazing...one day at a time!

Workout for me today was chest and shoulders.  I incorporated several dropsets to add some intensity (and swear words) to the routine.  It worked.  The only downside of doing shoulders immediately after chest is that the delts work during chest exercises as well, so they were slightly tired by the time I had to do shoulder presses.  I made it through and finished with some cardio.  I took another day off from sprinting and just did steady-state.  I'll be back on the sprints Thursday.  Dear Lord it will be here before I know it.  Tomorrow is leg day.  Hump day...leg day...by 4pm I'll be walking like I saddled up a camel across the Sahara.

My feet are tender.
I went for my first pedicure on Saturday....seriously, I would have let that Asain lady rub on my feet until I lost feeling in them or she got carpol tunnel.  It was great.  But honestly, I should have gotten a discount.  I don't even have toenails on my smallest toes...and the other 8 are pretty worthless as well.  You know those women who have beautiful feet?  Yeah, I'm not one of them.  One time I asked Ryan if he could change one thing about me physically what would it be.  He literally started answering the question before I finished..."YOU'RE FEET."  Ehh,...whatever...would've been more problematic if he'd said my face.  And for the record ladies, don't ever ask that question.  You don't want to know, and he doesn't want to tell you. 
So back to my pedicure.  I wanted to moan out loud, but I think that would have been "frowned upon."  For $28 I think I should be able to moan, cry, yelp, whatever I please.  I refrained.  Everything was going great until she whips out this thing that I swear was a cheese grater.  She started going at my foot like parmesan.  Bless her heart she almost broke a sweat and has probably taken a leave of absence for a horrible tendinitis flare up.
All that said, I will definitely be back for more.  It was awesome. 


 Hope you are not eating dinner while reading this.
Have a great night folks, get ready for some Wednesday madness!!  Yeeeaaahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment