Tuesday, March 29, 2011

God laughs too

Ever have one of those days where it was like the universe was hitting you in the face every hour on the hour?  Not sure what my horoscope was for the day but I'm sure it had something to do with staying in bed, drinking beer at 10am, and drowning myself in a sea of m&m's.  Not so much?  I'll just have to write my own... So if I don't show up at work tomorrow and leave a message slurring my words, don't send a search party...I've got everything under control...

Seriously though, these days are running together and I feel like my down time is shrinking by the minute.  My mom was begging me on the phone tonight to take some time off after this show.  Typical mom.  I honestly thought she might cry on the phone...don't feel bad, she cries at everything...and we love her for it.  She's the peace-maker of the family, happy (borderline "bubbly"), and doesn't appreciate sarcastic humor....I know what you're thinking and yes, there is a possibility I was adopted.  How I came from that, I have no clue.  God has a sense of humor...oh the irony...

Anyway, getting through today was a challenge in itself.  I knew my workout would feel long and draining, so I really tried to just focus on one set/rep at a time so that I wouldn't mentally go nuts.  I kept the reps around 15 for most of the leg exercises and found that because of the increased sprint work, I actually had to drop the weight from a couple weeks ago to maintain form and complete the set.  Humbling.  Honestly, if I'm gonna feel like I'm gonna die, I'd rather it be pressing 425 pounds for 10 reps than 320 pounds for 15 reps...meathead mentality, I know.  Needless to say, I survived.

Workout:
Walking lunges 3 x 30 yards
Leg press 3 x 15
Hamstring curls on machine 3 x 12
Leg extensions 3 x 15
Glute raise on ball 3 x 20
Reverse crunch 3 x 20
Sit-ups on ball, arms back 3 x 15
Oblique crunches on decline 3 x 20
Treadmill 45 minutes

It's 7:45 and I am about to get in bed here in 20 minutes or so.  Staying up late is simply not an option for the next couple of weeks...I can hardly function.

Calling tomorrow to make nail and waxing appointments.  I would try to do it myself, but with my luck I'd rip off a body part.  Speaking of, I would hate that woman's job...dear Lord, let's not go there...that's HER job...haha..pretty punny.  Ok, I'm officially exhausted because I'm making stupid jokes and literally laughing out loud at myself....ridiculous...

Hump day here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment