Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hurdles

I got a great night's sleep, so getting up this morning was pretty easy.  I enjoy Thursdays because the mornings are generally a little lighter, so I can chat a little more with clients instead of just running around like a chicken with my head cut off. 

Workout went well.  I had back, core, and some cardio at the end.  I kept my weights as heavy as I needed, and put a little more emphasis on my upper back.  My mid-back is starting to look like I might deadlift my car.

Workout:
Close grip pull-backs 4 x 10
Wide grip lat pull-down 3 x 10
Bent over BB row 3 x 10
Straight arm pull-downs 3 x 12
Rear flys 3 x 12
Weighted sit-ups on ball 3 x 15
Crunches on ball 3 x 15
leg lowers 3 x 20

My suit came in the mail today!  It is gorgeous and I am very pleased with the lady's work.  I tried it on...fits great...or at least covers enough that I can stand on a public stage and not be arrested.  That's good.  I looked like Casper the flexing-ghost though...dear God, I need a tan.  It was ridiculous.

Ok, need to rant for a sec... because its something that's been on my mind lately and came up with a client this morning.... "The haters"....They will be some of the toughest hurdles to jump over or even knock down on your way to achieving your goals.  Ah yes, they come in all shapes and sizes, but with the same toxic stench...not supportive and belittling, but sometimes carefully disguised with a few patronizing back-handed compliments.  Give me a break.  I firmly believe there are people you keep at a distance...a good distance.  They have no business in your inner circle and "friends" don't act like that...Period.  I get a little fired up about this topic because life's too short to surround yourself with such people or even entertain the idea that its simply "the way they are".  I had to learn this the hard way.   Teach people how to treat you.  They'll either respect you more, or back off because they have the maturity of a 12 year old and can't handle it...its a win/win.  Head up...keep moving...

Alright peeps...Jersey Shore and then I'm out...Niiight....

2 comments:

  1. Not a fan of haters but unfortunately the exist, especially when you start having successes of your own...I like the mental approach you're taking. Hope the suit looks good, time to work on that tan! Hang in there and have a great wkend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zimm! Yes, the suit is amazing....amazingly small..haha. This weekend will be a good mental break...much needed down-time :) Have a good one yourself and enjoy the weather!!

    ReplyDelete