Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tights and Tutus

It's Saturday morning and I am a zombie....sipping on my 3rd cup of coffee (with added protein powder of course) and eating some pumpkin protein pancakes.  They are a treat on the weekend because I actually have time to cook in the morning.  Yes, I add protein on top of protein...don't act so shocked.

From Thursday til now I've been on the go and simply haven't had much time to sit down.  I'm beyond tired, and can tell my body needs rest because I'm craving a little more sugar than normal and retaining some water.  Irritable and bloated...bad combination for the sanity in the Falcon house. 

My workout yesterday was great though...really heavy on the shoulders, some tough core work, and then sprints on the treadmill to top off the Friday.  I was pleased that I was able to maintain 198 heart-rate through the sprints without having a near-death experience.  I don't have time for that...

Seated shoulder press 4 x 10, last set drop set to failure
Seated heavy lateral raises/ss light lateral raises 4 x 10 each
Front heavy DB raises/ss light front raises 4 x 10 each
Weighted sit-ups on ball 3 x 15
Leg raises 3 x 15
Oblique crunches on decline 3 x 20
Treamill sprints, Tabata style  30 min

The best part was trying to adjust my ponytail after my last set of shoulders...physically could not do it.  I looked like a idiot bending over, tilting my head back, trying to figure out the quickest way to fix my hair that didn't require lifting my arms.  I gave up...stuck with the disheveled-look until my delts were capable of operating again.  Good workout.

Not sure yet if I'm gonna try to fit in some cardio today...its supposed to be beautiful today, but I need some rest.  I might just do a quick 3 mile jog.  Yes, I said it...a jog...don't think for a minute I will enjoy every second of it...but I will troop through it. 

I went Thursday night with a friend to a benefit dance concert at Duke....even being the meathead I am, I can appreciate the arts.  I actually love dance, and took it for 7 years.  Yeah, me in a tutu...dear God, what a site.  It was such a great break from my weight-room-all-consuming life to see a different display of strength.  The choreography was absolutely phenomenal, and one reason I wanted to go was because I know the teacher and actually took a class of hers in college.  What a trip that was.  Even though I'd had dance experience...in the studio, on fraternity house bars, etc...ha...I was well into my competition training so my strength was much different.  I specifically remember one of the first days in there and she wanted us to lift our leg and hold it as close to our head as possible without assistance of our arms.  I look over and little miss toothpick had her leg by her freak'n ear and my hipflexors wouldn't let me get past 90 degrees.  I was pissed.  I wanted to yell out "look, I just got done leg pressing over 400 pounds, could bench press YOU, and you want me to do WHAT with my leg?!!  You're out of your mind..."  I had to drop the class and stick to dancing at frat parties...less leg lifts, more squatting...I could handle that...

Alright, we are all caught up....I am about to clean a little, MAYBE run, and then join the crackberry club and go get a new phone....brace yourselves if I join twitter...

Have a great weekend...stay focused...keep mov'n forward...one day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment