Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Make it rain...

Stripper shoes came in today.  Yeeeaahh...There's nothing like clear plastic strapped to 4 1/2 inch heels to make you feel like a million bucks....and a hooker.  So I started working on my poses today after my workout.  I forgot how exhausting it is...and to do it in sweaty spandex and pale skin was just awesome, let me tell ya.  I felt huge...one good flex and I might poke my eye out.

I definitely had some anxiety going into today's workout.  Yes, it was leg day....but not a typical-Meredith-near-death-experience leg day.  Because my legs are pretty darn big, I need to back off a bit on the 'ol tree trunks.  So, I kept reps a little higher and kept my total volume down, and decreased rest time between sets.  Being the all-or-nothing person I am, I really had a hard time not going all out.  I felt like a pansy because I wasn't about to die.  I'm ridiculous, I know.  I honestly had to continue to remind myself that at this point, this is necessary to achieve the look I want/need to do well.  Needless to say, I was frustrated.  Telling me to back off in the gym is like telling me Santa isn't real....I get it, I hate you for it, but I get it...

Workout:
Walking lunges 3 x 30 yards
Hamstring curls on machine 4 x 15
Leg extensions 3 x 15-20
Squat jumps (15x)/ss glute raise on ball (15x)  3x
Weighted sit-ups on ball 3 x 12
Reverse crunch 3 x 15.
Oblique crunches on decline 3 x 20
Treadmill 45 minutes

My suit is officially being made!  I went with the purple...well, actually "eggplant"...eh, whatever.  On sale for $200 and less material than any lingerie I own...I better get my money's worth.  I might break that thing out at the pool this summer...I'll be the only woman in Mebane who'll like a be-jeweled prostitute laying out by the pool...oh wait, no I won't....and this is why I love Mebane.

Alright folks...time for bed...ready for Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment