Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just gross

Holy crap...going to bed last night at 8:30 was probably the best idea I've had in awhile.  I felt so much better than I did yesterday...almost to the point that when people asked "How are you?" and I said "great", I almost meant it.  Scary, I know.  One day I might just throw the word "Fantastic!" in there just to freak people out.  I'm pretty sure the second I used that word, my best friend would do an intervention and search my house for drug paraphernalia...

Today was a hectic day...one thing to the next.  I had to squeeze in my sprints between 7 and 8am, and then lift weights a few hours later before afternoon clients.  I had a feeling it would be like that but didn't pack accordingly.  The highlight of my day was putting on a sweaty pair of biker shorts and sports bra...all personal hygiene out the window.   It reminded me of softball season in high school.  We'd have practice all week, 2 or 3 games, and my mom's rule was that if you wanted clean uniforms, you washed it yourself.  Needless to say, by Friday I was banging the crusted up dirt and sweat off my socks against the fence...I was disgusting.  Anyway, once I got past the thought of all my nastiness, I hit biceps/triceps.  My arms felt pretty fresh going into the workout, but were shot by the end.  Overall, I was pleased with the day.  My legs were not sore at all today...yeah, never thought I'd say that the day after a leg workout.  Not gonna lie, I am ready to go heavy on legs again.  I know, I know, its a sick relationship with pain.

Workout:
EZ bar curls 4 x 12
Alternating DB curls (drop set) 3 x 8/8
Bicep lat bar pull-downs 3 x 10
Lat bar press-downs 4 x 12
French press 3 x 12
Rope press-down 3 x 12-15
Treadmill sprints 25 minutes

I'm feeling pretty good (despite sleep deprivation)...but thankfully I am able to rest quite a bit this weekend.  Saturday will be 2 weeks from the show...it is coming up fast.  I finalized the whole tanning/painting process with my mom.  She has to take 1/2 a day off work to paint my ass.  Ha...now that's love.  By the 4th coat she'll be ready to go back to work.

Ok, its after 9pm and I need to be in bed.  Already looking forward to my coffee in the morning....yay for addictions.  On that note, bedtime.  Night folks!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment