Wednesday, March 23, 2011

16 left turns

One of the longest weeks ever.
I wasn't as tired as yesterday, but by 2pm could have fallen asleep standing straight up.  I might have and just not remembered.  I kind of blackout during that time of day...the most sober, non-eventful blackout of my life. 

After yesterday's workout I needed a little redemption-day.  I felt stronger, mentally prepared, and just ready to attack today's work.  Wednesdays are usually a little easier lifting-wise, simply because I only have biceps and triceps.  Even though my arms were completely raw after 45 minutes, I don't hit big, compound movements like on chest or back day.  So, I'm not as worn out....however, I did have sprints after that.  The last thing I wanted to do was get on the treadmill, so I headed to the track. 

I haven't been on the track since college....and I was quickly reminded why it was so painful....and why I gave it up to party.  I wish I were kidding about that, but anyway...
I did a warm-up lap and then ran 16 100m sprints...well, at about 85%.  I ran the curves, jogged and walked the strait-aways for 2 miles.  I gave myself 20 seconds max to run the curves and averaged about 18 seconds...by the end my legs were shot.  My hamstrings are cramping right now, and going to the bathroom is ridiculously painful....gotta figure out how to do it standing up...

Workout:
Lying lat bar curls 4 x 10
Alternating incline curls 3 x 10 each
Standing EZbar curls 3 x 10-12
Rope press-down 3 x 15
Bench dips 3 x 12-15
Tricep extensions 3 x 12
Sprints 25 mins

Glad to be done, and pleased with the day.

So, there is seriously a show on tv right now called "Should I smoke dope?".... This woman gives this whole spill about wanting to "experiment" to see what would happen if she smoked on and off for a month straight.  For the sake of science, right?  And just as you're almost convinced this could be legitimate, her kids run screaming in the background.  It all makes sense now.  Her kids are driving her nuts and getting high seems more appealing than time-out.  I get it.  Way to go mom...

I could write more but its 9:40 and I just finished cooking tilapia and asparagus.  My kitchen smells like a fish market right now, the sink is full of dirty dishes, and I need to be in bed.  Big day to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment