Monday, March 21, 2011

Duck, duck....

Oh Dear Lord it feels good to sit down...this is honestly the first time today I've sat down for more than 2 minutes.  It was just back to back today and the only relief I got was when I went to the bathroom.  By 3pm I was ready to fake a major colon blowout just to have some down time.  Needless to say, my legs are pretty tired right now. 

The weekend was good, but went by too fast.  I remember waking up on Saturday morning thinking "holy crap, I only have 4 weeks!"...it was a moment of temporary anxiety.  I did 45 minutes of moderate cardio that morning and then took yesterday off.  I literally sat almost all afternoon in the recliner...my body needed it.  Since I was completely inactive yesterday I truly struggled to even get in all my calories.  I was hardly hungry...but I was forcing down chicken and asparagus like it was my job...

I was able to get in bed a little earlier last night so today wasn't such a punch in the face.  I honestly felt a little off-focus going into my workout.  I feel like these last few weeks are what my husband calls "the grind"...one day to the next...eat, sleep, train, repeat...and repeat...and repeat.  While I love it, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't hard.  Energy is low, and change is slow...tough combination...and the fact that that just rhymed is a little irritating, not gonna lie.  Shocking that I never liked Mother Goose...its just a GOOSE...even if she had great rhymes, they crap everywhere...

SO...chest, shoulders, and sprints today.  Had a great chest day and kept my volume higher than last week.  Shoulders were tough, and still struggling with a hard flex on my left side, but overall solid workout.

Workout:
Incline DB press 4 x 10
Flat DB bench press 4 x 10
Cable flys 4 x 12
Wide push-ups to failure 2x
Standing BB shoulder press 4 x 12, drop set on #4
Bent arm lateral raise 4 x 15
Front DB raise with rotation 3 x 15
Treadmill sprints 25 min

My hamstrings are really taking a hit right now from all these sprints.  They are tight, need to be stretched, and need someone to beat on them like a drum and have me crying for my mama.  I'm thinking a massage this weekend...


Ok, I've got to make some dinner for the hubs...yes, I make 2 dinners.  If he had to eat what I ate he certainly wouldn't be 215 pounds, and divorce papers might be on the counter in the morning.  Its ok, I get it.


I am beyond tired right now...more to come tomorrow folks...GO HARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment