Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Attack mode

Onward to Tuesday...
I needed a low-key day, so I was very thankful today was not so hectic.  I had some quiet moments here and there throughout the day which were much needed to say the least.  Believe it or not, I DO like to actually hear myself think sometimes....

So....I could hardly put on my makeup this morning because my chest and shoulders were so sore.  By the time I got to my mascara, I was breaking a sweat trying to hold up my arm.  It was ridiculous.  Then when I had to demonstrate a push-up to one of my early clients, I nearly face-planted....I was on the verge of either cursing or crying....or both.  As I sit here it feels like my chest is going to fall off...actually, you know what, I can't even feel it at this point...

Tuesday means one thing....LEG DAY!  Of course I was not necessarily looking forward to every leg exercise known to man combined in a workout to leave me wanting my mama at the end....but I attacked it like a hot dang handy snack.  For the next 6 weeks I'm increasing my reps a little, but decreasing my total volume.  The quads look like they might take over the world right now...completely out of control.  But 15 reps near about killed me.  That's starting to creep into more muscle-endurance, and quite frankly, my muscles do not understand the term endurance.  I hit rep #11 and my legs were screaming....by 15, they were in protest to the entire workout.

Workout:
Squats 3 x 15
Hamstring curls 4 x 12-15
Leg press 3 x 15
Triple threat 3x
Leg extensions 3 x 15
Rear glute raise on ball 3 x 20

I finished the workout on the treadmill with some moderate-intensity cardio.  Needless to say, I was glad to finish and get on with the day.

Nutrition wise, I feel pretty good...haven't drank enough water the past 2 days...but, for someone who already goes to the bathroom more than a 5 year old on a diuretic, drinking a ton of water isn't always appealing...

Alright, time for bed...preparing for hump day...

No comments:

Post a Comment