Friday, March 18, 2011

2 tickets for the tilt-o-whirl

Up at 6:23...couldn't sleep...much on my mind.  I hate mornings like that.  All I want by Thursday afternoon is some sound sleep...so much for that.

I was glad to get to the gym for a workout after a morning full of cleaning, paying bills, and all that other fun stuff they neglect to tell you about in 4th grade when you're in that "When I grow up I want to..." mode.  I think we should tell the kids the truth...freak them out a little bit.  Workout went well, although I was struggling a little bit with my shoulder strength.  Not sure what the heck was going on because the rest of my workout was good, but I had to drop the weight in my last 2 sets of shoulder press to keep form.  I was bummed, but not everyday will be a record-breaking day.  Some days its all you can do to keep up. 

I didn't spend a ton of time on triceps simply because they are plenty big and just need to be dialed in a bit.  Finished with sprints on the treadmill...I swear it felt like I just did sprints yesterday.  My right hamstring is cramping as I type.  I thought it would be a slow start and just draaaagggg on, but 30 minutes flew by and I was glad to be done.  Cardio tomorrow and Sunday off, I can live with that.

Workout:
Seated DB shoulder press 4 x 10
Front db raise with rotation 4 x 12
Lateral raise 4 x 12
Front and lateral db circles/partials to failure 3x
Tricep press on dip machine 4 x 15
Rope press-down 4 x 15
Narrow grip push-ups to failure
Treadmill sprints

I will honestly sit in this recliner until its time for bed...which might happen in the next 20 minutes...and its only 8:15.  I did something very dangerous today...I didn't have my afternoon coffee.  I know...its amazing that I survived and so did everyone I came in contact with.  However, I had a headache by 4:30....and fell asleep in the chair at 6.  I think I'm going through withdrawal already.  Good thing my neighbor isn't pounding on his drums tonight.  I'd probably bust in there like the FBI and beat him with the sticks.  He would probably arrest me....he's a cop....totally messes up my plan.

Not feeling too hungry tonight.  I am extremely thirsty, but not hungry.  Something's off....because I am ALWAYS ready to eat.  And tonight I couldn't even finish my dinner.  I honestly think a lot of it has to do with the last few weeks of dieting...its an emotional rollercoaster.  I was crying this morning by 9 am...what the hell?!  And I might cry tomorrow morning too just to stay consistently nuts.  My husband was serious about "for better or worse"....but maybe ours should have been "for tolerable or psycho"....

Perhaps a little comedy and then bedtime...some cardio tomorrow and then gonna lay my pale rearend on our patio and pray I don't blind the neighborhood.  Its been a full week...night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment