Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Diving to the floor...

Rough start to the day.
The moment I got up I new it would be a B+ day at best...my A game was simply not gonna happen.  I was struggling by 6:30 am.  I got on the floor to demonstrate a push-up and nearly face-planted....my efforts to make it look fun and easy didn't go over too well, and let's not even get into my squat jump demo...I was almost ashamed to say I was an athlete.  Ridiculous.

As I've said before, some days your mind leads your body, and some days you have to let your body just work and push through.  Well, today I was lacking in both departments....making it one of the hardest training days I've had in awhile.  I was mentally struggling to focus and push, and I was physically drained going into my warm-up.  At that point, I was more willing to take a punch to the face than do a leg workout.  I absolutely HATE being off my mental game because it sets the tone for everything.  It steers the car....or bus in my case.  And to compound it, I couldn't just rely on my body to just DO because I felt exhausted and weak.  I was a mess.  Honestly, the only thing I could do was concentrate on my breathing.  It centered me, kept my body calm and in rhythm, and kept me from being distracted with any desire to stop short of my goals for the day.  Holding back can never be an option....if it is, you'll take it every time.  Period.

So, yes, it was leg day.  I kept reps a little higher as I did last week, but made sure the weight was heavy enough that I was struggling by the end.  My legs are starting to look a little more conditioned, which is what I need.  The size is definitely there...dear Lord, is it ever.

Workout:
Squats 3 x 15
Hamstring curls on machine 3 x 12-15
Leg extensions 3 x 15
Hamstring curls on slideboard 3 x 15
Lunge jumps 3 x 20
Weighted BOSU sit ups 3 x 15
Crunches on ball 3 x 15
Leg lifts 3 x 30 seconds
Treadmill 45 minutes

Had a new client tonight.  I think sometimes its eye-opening to people on their first session just how different it is working with a personal trainer.  It is, and should be, more intense.  I've had people suck some wind on the treadmill and then laugh and tell me its hard...but tonight I actually had someone call me a bitch as I moved the incline up.  I laughed so loud, and appreciated the honesty.  Ha.  I think if more clients were honest, I would be called worse than that before noon.  Its ok, I get it.  I'd say if you love me a little too much during your workout, I'm not doing my job. 

Well, its about that time...a little Tosh.O and then sleep.  If I wake up tomorrow feeling like I did today I might say screw it and roll over.  One of those days....but here's to a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment