Tuesday, March 15, 2011

4, 3, 2, DONE

Oh dear...what a long day.  My intentions of getting in bed by 9:00 last night were not so successful and I paid for it today.  Two nights in a row of little sleep...I might be on suicide watch tomorrow.  Thankfully I had a few minutes of down time and some coffee, so I survived. 

Today's workout was never-ending.  I had to squeeze in legs, biceps, core, AND treadmill since I will only have time for sprints tomorrow.  Two hours and fifteen minutes later I was ready to hit something...or just lay in fetal position and wish I had the energy to hit something.  I was exhausted and hungry.  Thankfully I had me some fish and snow peas waiting...ok, I tried to make that sound good and even now its like waking up on your birthday to find that someone wrapped  up a fart for you.  So disappointing...

I kept reps higher for all my leg exercises as I did last week.  First exercise, 3 sets of 20 squats.  For the record, I am not built for any more reps than 12...my body hates anymore than that, so 20 reps was brutal.  Not to mention I get bored counting that high...I had to break it up into groups of 5 to mentally stay somewhat stable.  Kept the weight at 135...pleased with that.  The rest of my workout went great...hard, but great.

Workout:
Squats 3 x 20
Hamstring curls 3 x 15
Walking lunges 3 x 30 yards
Leg extensions 3 x 15
Rear glute raise/flutter on ball 3 x 50
EZ bar curls 4 x 12
Alternating DB curls 3 x 10 each
Underhand lat pull-down 3 x 10
Weighted curnches on BOSU 3 x 15
Ab roll on ball 3 x 12
Oblique crunch on decline 2 x 20

Dear God glad that's over.  It's 7:40 and I officially cannot move.  Just got done with dinner and I might have to go back for some more cottage cheese.  I need about 15 more grams of protein anyway.  I love cottage cheese.  I know, I know the texture looks disgusting, but I could eat that mess like candy...throw in some melted peanut butter and you've got yourself one exciting night!  I'm easily pleased, what can I say...

So, my suit has been shipped!  A lady in Vegas made it so there is no telling what I'll walk out on stage in... so excited, just hope she added enough padding.  If I'm gonna be standing up there next to Summer with fake DD's, I better have adequate help if you know what I mean.  For that amount of money, I should look like I'm about to feed triplets.  Enough about that...

I am going to throw down some more cottage cheese, clean my dishes, and then hit the bed...Wednesday is awaiting...

2 comments:

  1. Oh Meredith, you've got me rolling on the floor laughing--I believe the teenagers refer to that in their text messages as "ROFL." :)
    I love how REAL you are--just tell it like it is, simple as that. Way to push yourself through a puking type of workout! You gotta love those when the day is done, pure satisfaction.
    Hope the suit adds some bulk for ya! I'd have to have the padding added to, lots of it. :)
    Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...I never heard of "ROFL", I feel out of the loop!
    Yes, it was a satisfying finish to the day!...and some much needed rest will come in the next few days :)

    ReplyDelete