Monday, March 28, 2011

Prom Queen

Less than 3 weeks.  I can hardly believe it.  My mind is overwhelmed with every detail of contest prep...from finalizing my sodium/water intake for the last 3 days, to scheduling my manicure.  I need to make a list...I'm so OCD I will probably make a list about the things I need to make a list about.  It's out of control...

I went this weekend to get my make-up.  It has to match my tan-paint as much as possible so I had to paint some on my arm before going to the store...I looked like I had leprosy.  When I first got to the counter, one of the cashiers asked me if my prom was this weekend.  I had almost gone until noon that day without wanting to hit someone...prom?  Really?!  I knew that never growing breasts would come back to haunt me.  Anyway, I successfully got my over-priced make-up and was able to check 2 things off my list that day....getting make-up for my show...and looking like I was old enough to legally make-out with Bieber.  Awesome...

It was a rude awakening this morning. 
My body is extremely worn out.  My calves and achilles are so tight that everything is pulling and my arches cramp up periodically throughout the day.  But I guess its the nature of the beast.  I think the last few weeks leading up to the week of the show are always the hardest.  Your strength is suffering a little, you're tired, you're hungry, weird aches and pains, and the patience of a 5 year old.  By peak-week the adrenaline is following and you're excited for the show.  Right now I feel pretty horrible.

Workout today was good...strength was down a bit, but I still took everything to failure.  I felt that I had a great shoulder workout even after chest...I have been pleasantly surprised at how my shoulders have rounded out much more from a year ago.  Sprints were tough simply because of all the tightness, but I got through it...another workout in the books.

Flat DB bench press 4 x 10
Incline DB press 4 x 10
DB flys 4 x 12
Seated lateral raises 4 x 10-12
Seated BB shoulder press 4 x 10-12
Dive-thru push-ups 2 x failure
TM sprints - 25 minutes

Ready for bed.  There is 4 pounds of baked chicken breasts and 20 boiled eggs sitting on the stove and yet my rear is glued to the recliner.  I'd sleep here if I didn't think my cat would lick my face....he licks his butt...I sorta have an issue with that.

Alright folks...leg/core day tomorrow...and perhaps time for a nap...can't wait! 

4 comments:

  1. Just wait, one day you'll get down on your knees and thank that person who thought you were young enough for a prom, trust me!! I'd love to hear that from someone....but, wrinkles just give me away. :)
    I can't believe it's only 3 weeks away either! Wow, your weeks seem to be flying by--not for you I'm sure. Sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...why do I have a feeling squats are on the agenda for me today?

    I'd have to take the prom thing as a compliment, but only because I turn 30 in about a week. Somehow I don't think anyone would ask me that question though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me you were at Target for that story! You always have the best stories at that place! What is the exact date of the show?? Anyway glad to see things are going well...looking forward to our summer tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps one day I will be thankful for that comment,...but I'm 27 and am totally fine with looking 27 for now :)

    Zimm, unfortunately, the story is not from Target...but very true, something funny/random always happens to me there! The show is April 16th...creeping up on me fast!...and yes, I can't wait til the summer tour!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete