Monday, February 28, 2011

Behind the music...

Whew...what a day so far.
This is officially my second attempt to type this blog.  I was completely finished, hit "publish post" and the computer went nuts on me and did not save it...lost the whole thing.  I nearly lost it.  Ok, I sort of did.  In a fit of rage post-workout and pre-coffee, I seriously contemplated throwing the computer....as if it would accomplish anything besides the self-satisfaction in knowing I totally dominated a piece of technology.  Ok, so there's a slight chance I may have anger-management issues...shocking, I know.

After not getting much sleep last night, I was struggling to wake up for my 6am clients.  Its my own fault because I stayed up a little later to watch the Oscars.  I only watch for the fashion.  Its like a contest to see who can squeeze into the smallest dress without the boobs falling out.  The last thing I wanted before some shut-eye was a breast shot.  Anyway, I rolled through the morning, running around like a chicken with my head cut off and sweating like a heathen.  I think I'm the only female who can literally sweat through 2 t-shirts without working out.  When pit-stains become a trendy fashion statement, mama will be ready.

Lets talk weights.  Mer got a little carried away today...as usual.  I started with 3 sets of flat DB bench press with 50 lb. DBs...that's a PR on a Monday baby!  I have to give some credit to Morven though.  As I was lying there about to give myself a hernia, I could hear her pushing me behind the music blasting in my ear.  Not having a workout partner, it was nice to have the extra motivation from my girl!  By the end of chest and shoulders, my arms were shot.  Then it was on to treadmill sprints....dear Lord, I was sucking wind.  My legs were dragging, my arms were raw, and I had 25 minutes to go.  Eh, whatever, I got through it...might have ended up in fetal position on the floor by the end, but I'll take it.

Workout:
Flat DB bench press 3 x 8
Incline DB press 4 x 10
DB fly 4 x 10
Decline push-up to failure 2x
Seated lateral raises 4 x 10
Seated DB shoulder press 4 x 10
Front DB raises 3 x 10
Treadmill sprints - Tabata style - 25 minutes

Long day....into week 7 and I will be a mess by Friday.  I increased my cardio, decreased my carbs, and am running on fumes.  I was honestly paralyzed by doubt yesterday and fear that I will not be ready for the show.  Horrible feeling and I am thankful today was better....

Overall, it was a great day in the gym.  So glad to have Zimm back in town on his spring break....he brings great intensity to the gym that is honestly contagious.  It will be a great workout week...

Ok, so I'm glued to the recliner and need to be folding laundry....ugh...I'd rather wear dirty clothes at this point......night folks!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Way to stick with it, you're an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you! Just gotta keep roll'n!

    ReplyDelete