Monday, November 1, 2010

About 20 weeks to go...

I rolled over in bed this morning, got comfortable, and then about 2 seconds later my alarm goes off.  I don't care how many times you train your body to do so, getting up at 4:30 just never feels normal.  The sad part is that I went to bed at 8:30....I know, some kids were still racking up on candy, and I was down for the count.  I was spent.  All I had was cardio this weekend, but both days left me tired and in much need of extra sleep.  Saturday I did sprints on the treadmill for 35 minutes.  Enough said...I haven't ran like that in months.  My quads and obliques are still extremely sore, which made Sunday's jog suck even more than usual.

I can't believe today is November 1st.  The months are going to fly by at this point.  I need to make sure all my training/nutrition is completely on point.  My "hardcore" dieting will start pretty soon.  I want to give myself a solid 18-19 weeks to diet down, which means I've got 13 days to enjoy one last "treat" until game-on!  By April, I will want to swim in a pool of m&m's and peanut butter.  As one of my friends said, "peanut butter is sex".  Yes, it is...

Today's workout was good...I felt slightly out of focus during shoulders.  Stupid ADD.  I was on key after shoulder press though.

Workout:
BB shoulder press/ss alternating shoulder press in neutral  4 x 10 each
High rope row 4 x 10
Heavy bent arm lateral raises/ss Y raise (palms down)  4 x 10 each
Lat bar curls 4 x 10
EZ bar preacher curls/ss hammer curls 3 x 10-12 each
sit-ups, legs on bench 4 x 15
Ab roll-in with stability ball  3 x 12
Plank on ball 2 x failure

Let's talk about Halloween for a second.  The costumes were a trip.  MC Hammer came to my door, along with Spiderman, a plethora of princesses, and an 80 year old woman.  No really, an 80 year old woman walked straight up to our door and just held out her bag.  Seriously?!  I was honestly speechless.  But perhaps she falls under the unwritten rules of trick-or-treating....technically, if you are hardly able to walk and wearing a diaper/velcro shoes, you are eligible to go house to house.  Apparently, someone forgot to specify an age limit for the diaper-wearing participants. 

On to the rest of my day...an afternoon full of clients and then home.  I am already looking forward to getting in bed.....probably before 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment