Monday, November 22, 2010

all that POWER

I could crawl in bed right now and be out like a light in about 2 minutes tops.  I will sleep like a champ tonight.  This morning I decided to go into freak-out mode around 3:45.  I was so paranoid that I would oversleep that I didn't really fall back asleep until it was time to get rolling at 4:30.  Next time your alarm goes off at 6 and you want to curse, I'm already at work....so stop.  There are many things your body can get used to, but getting up that early shouldn't be one of them....

Weekend was good...took Saturday off and then did about 35 minutes of moderate cardio on Sunday.  I worked on my ZUMBA routine for class this Wednesday.  My husband came downstairs to find me doing a bazillion hip thrusts in the kitchen with my headphones on.  Dude was looking at me like a fat kid looks at a twinkie.....next time I might practice in the garage.  Anyway, I tried to just focus on getting in all my calories and resting.  Check, and check.  Eating was definitely not a problem.  Never is.  I'm like a lean person with an inner fat child or something.  I love to eat, and always have.  Which will make this whole dieting process interesting to say the least.  Part of me actually does not want to go overboard on Thanksgiving even though I technically can if I want.  I'm mentally at a different place though.....game on.

I think the key is not necessarily having the will to do it, but rather, its the power behind the will.  Sounds a little cliche, but when you can mentally get to a state where the struggle to practice the will is not a struggle at all, THAT is a strong place.  That's power into practice.  Don't get me wrong, there will be days that are hard, but only tough physically...tired, sore, perhaps hungry, but when the focus and the drive are there, the former are simply inconveniences...not breaking points.

My workout today was great.  I felt strong, engaged, and slightly awkward (as I was the only one lifting with my shirt on....thank you Brian and Chad).  Guys trip me out with that....as if they are able to physically lift more weight if the world can see their nipples.  I may be wrong, but I don't think it works that way.  Otherwise strippers would completely dominate the strong-man competitions. 

Workout:
Behind the neck shoulder press 4 x 10
Alternating shoulder press - hands in neutral 3 x 10 each
Heavy bent arm lateral raises/ss shoulder circles 3 x 10 each movement
Front DB raises 3 x 10-12
Alternating DB curls 4 x 10 each
Underhand lat pull-down 4 x 10

Shoulders were on fire by the end...it was great.  Biceps couldn't flex after the last set....successful workout.  I measured my biceps the other day...1.5 inches bigger than over a year ago.  That's huge.  Go Mer. 

Ready for some dinner and some down time.  I've met my word limit for the day (good thing for my husband)...I am DUN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment