Friday, October 29, 2010

Idiots

It was a new day....I was ready to face it head on at 5:40 this morning.  By 8:00 I had already cleaned the house, checked email, made breakfast, and was reading the paper...(only the comics of course).  I love it when some people try to act all intellectual talking about how they read this paper and that paper...guess what,...you can be informed and yet still be an idiot.

I was so glad to be feeling better today.  I felt a little weak simply because I didn't get enough calories yesterday, but I am thankful my stomach is not killing me.  Even though I needed to rest and take it easy, I felt so lazy just hanging around the house.  I did get to watch Dr. Phil though.  What a trip.  Its funny to me that someone will go on a national television show and have their face blurred out for fear of people recognizing them...and yet do they not think someone will hear their voice or see their body/hair and immediately know who it is?!  And why would you go on there to discuss your intimate problems anyway?  Now the whole world knows your a sleeze with a cocaine problem....congratulations.  Idiot.

Whew, enough of that....
My workout was great today.  I had chest/glutes/hams.  Those of you who think lifting weights is not cardiovascular, you are completely missing it my friend.  After my third set of lunges I took my heart rate...192.  That's one near-death experience for the day.
Felt great though.  My rear was screaming.

Workout:
30* incline press 4 x 10
45* incline press/ss DB flys  4 x 10 each
Push-ups to failure/ss front DB raises  3x
Back loaded SUMO squats (glute emphasis)  4 x 12
Walking lunges  3 x 25 yards
Hamstring curls on machine 4 x 10
Hamstring pull-backs on slideboard  3 x 12-15

Thank God that is over.  I've got one lovely client this afternoon and then home to plan my brother's birthday dinner tomorrow night.  Family bonding time is always a trip with the Parker crowd.....there will be stories to come I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment