Friday, November 26, 2010

The Last Supper

Yes, I am still alive.  Its been 3 days since I've blogged and I could probably write a book tonight about random experiences in and out of the gym over the past few days.  I'm sure everyone has a few classic family stories from Thanksgiving....tons of food...dysfunctional family members crammed in one house for an extended period of time.....its a youtube video waiting to happen.  My favorite moment was walking into our first stop on the family-bonding-train, to find my cousin walking around with football shoulder pads on like he was about to tackle anyone that looked at him wrong.  I forgot my helmet....I didn't get the memo...

Surprisingly, I didn't go completely nuts on Thanksgiving as far as eating goes.  It was technically my "last big splurge meal" before my hardcore dieting begins, but I honestly had no desire to gorge myself with foods that would ultimately irritate my stomach and leave me feeling like crap.  Sure I had a few things I don't normally eat, but I only went over my calorie needs by about 300.  Not too bad for a holiday.  I burned that off this morning shopping all over God's creation starting at 4:00 a.m...
Speaking of, what a circus....all the idiots and consumers who normally hibernate the other 364 days of the year, were out this morning.  It was insane.  Once again I was reminded that common sense is not so common, some people should just stay in bed at least until 10, and one size does not fit all... If you are remotely claustrophobic or have anger-management issues, Black Friday is not for you.

Well, let's move on to workouts.  Yesterday I just did moderate cardio for 40 minutes, and today I had chest and hamstrings/glutes.  Today's workout was tough because I'd been awake since 3:15.  I was pooped, but I made it, and it felt great to be done.  For the first time I looked in the mirror and was pretty satisfied with my size.  I've worked hard to pack on 21 pounds over the last year and a half.  And now its time to cut-up.  Whew...let the games begin!

Workout:
Incline DB press 4 x 10
Flat DB press 3 x 10
DB flys 3 x 10
Y-raise with rotation 3 x 10
Wide push-ups to failute 2x
Walking lunges 4 x 25 yards
SUMO squats 4 x 12
Hamstring curls on machine 3 x 10
Hamstring pull-backs 3 x 12

I am sitting here eating left over turkey while my husband is eating a Papa John's pizza with 4 different toppings.  What is wrong with this picture?!  Eh, I'm too tired to even comment further.  I am looking forward to a good nights sleep...assuming no text messages at 12:30 in the morning.  You know who you are, and thank you for interrupting my beauty rest....now the whole world will pay.  Ok I'm kidding...

Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment