Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mixing it up

Wednesday night cannot come soon enough.  When I can drive home knowing I don't have to get up early Thursday morning.  I am exhausted.  I fell asleep sitting straight up in a chair right after my workout.  I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere during anything....just ask my college professors.  It's probably worse now that I am completely drained by the end of the day.  So when I finally get a chance to sit down, I'm totally worthless at that point. Sitting here typing this is such a tease...my eyes are heavy and my legs are slowly falling asleep.  Excellent....a few more minutes and I will be glued to this seat.

I had some great conversations with clients this morning...ranging in topic from coping with family functions during the holidays, to the absurd amount of money we spend as a country protecting people from their own stupidity.  Both subjects get me a little fired up.  Its probably a good thing I was not on the debate team.  I'd be kicked out within the first 5 minutes for either throwing something or explaining that a debate was pointless because I was right and that there is such thing as absolute truth and that was one of them.  I think my blood pressure increased quite a bit as the morning progressed.

My workout was good.  I had quads and core.  I decided to do leg press first before squats, and after set 3 I wasn't sure it was a great idea.  Squats were harder than normal after that (understandably), but my legs were already to the point where I couldn't flex them.  Mixing things up is good, but geez...I was hating life by the time I got to leg extensions. 

Workout:
Leg press  4 x 12
Squats 4 x 12
Leg extensions 4 x 10...last set drop set
Sit-ups on ball with resistance band 3 x 15
Oblique crunches on decline 3 x 10 each
Ab roll on stability ball 3 x 10

Few more hours and then home....ready to sleep.  Its been a good day.  I gotta get ready for tomorrow...full day, first ZUMBA class, and then a back workout.  If I don't bust a hip in ZUMBA I'll be good to go.....we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment