Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Growing pains

Got some good sleep...thank God.  Four cups of coffee later and I was ready for anything...maybe.  I was actually looking forward to my leg workout today.  I know, the world must be coming to an end because that never happens.  But I was pretty pumped.  Maybe I drank enough coffee to be sort of caffeine-drunk so I wasn't thinking clearly.  I remember I did that once in college and couldn't see straight during an exam....I think I got a pity passing grade.  O well, I'll take it.  Anyway, I only had 45 minutes to fit in my workout so I felt like I was flying through everything with no time to catch my breath.  It was good, but thought I would throw up a couple of times.  Honestly, there were a couple of times during lunges that my body wanted to just stop.  Not an option.  My last 3 sets of squats went up in weight...10lbs from last week.  Thought I was either gonna give birth or pop a blood vessel by the last set... I look forward to a normal lifting schedule next week.  Where hump day will simply be hump day and NOT on-the-verge-of-vomit-because-of-squats day...

Workout:
Squats 5 x 8-10
Leg press 4 x 10
Walking lunges 3 x 25 yards
Hamstring curls on machine 4 x 10
Hamstring pull-backs 3 x failure

Surprisingly, I don't have much to vent about today.  Shocking, I know.  Oh, but don't worry...there are still several hours left in the day for someone or something to send me over the edge.  Overall, its been a great day....thank you all who contributed to it...you rock :)

No comments:

Post a Comment