Thursday, November 18, 2010

SOLID as a rock

I woke up and honestly thought I'd been awaken from the dead.  I immediately assumed it was going to be a long, slow day.  Then something clicked halfway through my caffeine fix and I was all jacked up and ready for anything.  I had one of those mornings where you are truly reminded that what you do matters and impacts lives.  It made my day more than I can possibly explain.  To watch a client finally "get it" is tremendously gratifying...and those moments are a huge reason why I love what I do.

So I got on the scale today....lets just say I can apparently just look at a creatine container and put on size.  Two pounds in two weeks and strength gains along the way.  Perfect.  I was telling a client this morning how amazing the whole concept of gaining muscle and changing your body composition truly is.  Sometimes we get caught up in the scale # way too much.  I mean, if that's all that matters then I am technically "overweight" for my height. HA.  Here's something to chew on.....over the past 2 years I have put on 22 pounds, but my waist has only increased 1 inch, and I've only gone from a size 0 to a size 2.  Come on folks, stop worrying about weight so much. 

Today's workout was intense.  I had back and shoulders (mainly detail work for my shoulders).  My traps are out of control....  It looks like I am about to tackle someone.....and I might, who am I kidding?!  My workout was good, and the shoulder pain that I've experienced all week seems to have subsided a little.  Yeah, I forgot to mention that after Monday's workout.  I must have strained my left shoulder because it was killing me Tuesday morning.  It hurt to drive, reach over my head...pretty much everything.  Blah.....no excuses.  I just tried not to think about it.

Workout:
Wide grip pull-ups 4 x 8-10
Lat pull-down 3 x 10
Bent over BB row 4 x 10
Rear flys 3 x 12
Hyperextensions 3 x 12
Shoulder series: Y press, lateral pulse raises, BB press

I tell ya, you don't realize how much you weigh until your pull'n that tank UP!  Great workout...great day...ready for the weekend though.

No comments:

Post a Comment