Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Certified Extremist

Completely spent...

It's Tuesday and feels like a Thursday afternoon at about 4:00 when I seriously contemplate banging my head against the wall.  I figure it will either knock me out, or wake me up...both of which would be fine.  I am so ridiculous, I know.  I like to think of myself as an extremist....sounds better than type A with a bend towards negativity.


Today's workout was hard and heavy. [Insert comment from Michael Scott here].  Seriously though, I felt like I JUST did squats a couple of days ago.  Probably because my quads were sore last week from Wednesday to Sunday.  Absurd.  The good news is that I didn't feel nauseous until the end of my workout instead of mid-way through.  I had to utilize the 'ol pre-lift "bounce" though.  You meat-heads know what I'm talking about.  Its when you're getting ready to do a set, but stand back and get yourself psyched by bouncing up and down, maybe even doing quick breaths to get the adrenaline flowing a bit.  I bounced before my last set of squats long enough to get a little dizzy and question my sobriety.  I'm honestly amazed at how much the intensity of my workouts has changed since deciding to compete.  Not that they were not tough before, but now that I have a goal and more accountability, I'm pushing myself much harder.  Some days its easier to push than others....but thats life.

Workout:
Squats 5 x 8-10
Leg extension 4 x 10
Single leg press 4 x 10 each
Back loaded squat jumps 3 x 12
Tricep press on dip machine 4 x 12
Single arm kickbacks with rotation 3 x 12 each
Reverse tricep extension on cable 2 x 15

Dreary day...a few hours to go and then I'm home to SIT...yes, just sit.  At the end of the day, I just want to sit...and for a few moments imagine that I can actually feel my legs...

No comments:

Post a Comment