Thursday, November 4, 2010

Not a ball-shagger...

Today was more of a struggle than I thought it would be.  I was extremely tired this morning because I stayed up until almost 11:00 last night (dumb on my part, and for no good reason).  Going into my workout I honestly felt pretty good and ready to go. But after my second set of pull-ups I got frustrated because I felt weaker and just couldn't find my zone or something.  Its just like anything else in life,...some days are better than others....some days you bring your A game, and other days it looks like you should be the team manager and shag balls.  I get it.  Sorry, but I'm not ok with being a "ball-shagger"...

By the end of my second exercise my workout seemed to flow a little better.  I decided to do a little bit of shoulder work at the end, and might regret it if they are extremely sore tomorrow when I am supposed to lift chest.  I'm a little paranoid about my shoulder size right now.  In past competitions they were definitely a weak point, and I certainly do not want that to be the case this go-round.  Had a promising moment last night when I went to try on a suede jacket that I've owned for a few years and I looked like I could have starred in Tommy Boy when he does the "fat man in a little coat" dance... One wrong move and I would have cut off the circulation in my arms.  Needless to say that jacket will be going to Good Will asap, and I will be shopping from the big and tall department.

Today's workout:
Wide grip pull-ups 4 x 10
Lat bar pull-down 3 x 10-12
Bent over BB row 4 x 10/ss hyperextensions 4 x 12
Single arm lat pull-down 3 x 10 each
Rear flys on bench 3 x 12 (slow and light)
Heavy bent arm lateral raises  4 x 10
Overhead BB press/ss front raises  3 x 10-12 each

Alright folks, day 3 of lifting down for the week...one more to go.  Tonight I will cheering on the 'ol Duke Blue Devils, and probably going through chicken-withdrawals for the few hours we'll be at the game...

No comments:

Post a Comment