Monday, November 29, 2010

The first 24...

Its definitely Monday...back to the grind.  I was honestly ready to get back to a routine.  From Thursday to Sunday it was family, shopping, decorating, and trying to catch up on some sleep.  Let the family-detox process begin.  During the holidays its like this constant see-saw of feelings regarding family.....one minute you're like "ok, these people are pretty cool, I can handle this for a few hours" to "oh dear God, what kind of pollutant leaked into our gene pool?!"  Either way, its an adventure.

Saturday night was in bed by 8:15 and slept for over 10 hours.  I haven't done that since college...and my reasons for doing it then are pretty much unacceptable.  Yeah, lets not go there.  I took Saturday completely off, and then went for a 40 minute jog on Sunday.  It was chilly, but bearable.  I would honestly rather run in 95 degree heat than run when its below 55.  There's just something to be said for being able to actually feel your face while doing something that is already not very fun.  The time went by fairly quickly so that was a relief.

So, I topped out at a little over 133 pounds.  I'd hoped to get to 135 by the time I needed to start cutting, but I will settle for a 21 pound bulk.  Today was officially day 1 of my cutting diet.  The afternoons are going to be the hardest.  I hit a wall from about 2:30-4:30 when I am ready to set the treadmill at 12 mph and just lay my face on the belt.  Perhaps a little extreme, but you get the picture.  I'm starting my calories only about 250 below my maintenance so that when I start to plateau, I have room to drop them as needed.  My last resort will be more cardio.  My fat loss will be at a slugs pace simply because I'm pretty lean to begin with.  I will be surprised if I lose more than 9 pounds before time to go on stage.  Hard to believe that the last time I placed well at this show I was on stage at 108 pounds.  What a waif...

Today's workout was great.  For my big, compound movements I am keeping the reps a little lower and the weight as heavy as possible.  My shoulders and biceps were shot.  Mission accomplished.

Workout:
Behind the neck BB shoulder press 4 x 8
High rope row/ss "V" DB press 4 x 8 of each
Bent arm DB raises 3 x 10
Front DB raise 3 x 10
Sit-ups, legs on bench 3 x 15
leg lifts 3 x 15
Oblique crunches on ball 2 x 20
Cross-body DB curls 4 x 8 each
Straight bar curls 3 x 10
Alternating incline curls 3 x 8 each

Just popped a B-12 pill like a PEZ....I am desperate for some energy right now.  Full afternoon, then home for the night....hear that?  That's the bed calling my name....

No comments:

Post a Comment