Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bringing sexy back

Wide awake at 4:15...then 5...then 5:15...feet finally hit the floor at 5:30.  I could have slept in this morning until 6, but my body had other plans.  It always has other plans.  The good news was that I didn't have any lifting today...the bad news was I still had to do sprints on the treadmill.  After yesterday's workout, I could hardly fully extend my legs.  And flexing my quads is completely out of the question for the next few days.  Touching them is slightly painful.  I feel like I've got that fibromyalgia crap...which, I'm sorry, I don't believe in.  We just love to come up with new names for conditions we think we have to get medication.  Got a medication for Stupid?.....because that seems to be an epidemic...

Anyway, my sprints went well.  I mean, I got through them.  I did 35 minutes total.  5 min warm-up, then 4 minute rounds of 20 sec on, 10 off...walk 2 min...repeat 5 times.  I discovered that my heart is a machine (yeah, as if you didn't already know this).   During each 4 minute bout, my heart rate got up to 197, but after the first 60 seconds of walking it was already back down to 120.  SO, that means I need to decrease the active rest time between the sprint series....yay.  Every step my legs were reminding me how sore they were.  I was thankful though that the time went by quicker than I expected it to.

Had many laughs this morning with clients...I could write a book about the many weird/funny conversations I've had while training people.  It would probably have a parental advisory sticker on the front. 

Ok, on to the rest of my day....more peeps, 40 ounces of water to go...and lots of chicken.....my life is so predictable.....definitely fuels the OCD, which I am completely ok with...

No comments:

Post a Comment