Monday, November 8, 2010

Born ready

Monday already?!...Weekend flew by, and now its another Monday to Friday grind.  I ended up taking Saturday completely off and just focused on getting enough calories and just resting my body.  I passed out in the recliner by 5:00 and stayed there until it was feeding time again.  Sounds like I live in a barn.  I basically do.
Sunday morning came early despite getting an extra hour of sleep.  I had to do my sprints first thing because my day was packed with church, baby shower, errands, etc...Fact is that you make time for whats important.  Thus, I was on the treadmill with Kanye West yelling in my ear by 6:15 in the morning.  I'd forgotten what it felt like to sprint right when you wake up.  Death,...that's what it feels like.  I felt disoriented and borderline hungover, and I haven't drank anything in weeks.  It was a rough start...and I truly did not feel like I was in any "rhythm" until about 20 minutes in.  And by that point my quads felt like they'd packed on 10 pounds overnight.  35 minutes of sprints on Sunday morning was a mental and physical battle every step of the way.  By the time I went to church, I had even more to repent for...

I was ready to lift today.  Ok, yes I love to lift weights and am basically ready everyday.  I was born ready to throw around weights like a hacky sac.  It was a great workout.  Shoulders, Biceps, and core.  By the time I was at the end of biceps, I was pretty sure my heroine vein was going to explode.  I call it my heroine vein because it sticks out as if I've been shooting up like a pro since I was 12.  It was great.  I've never been extremely vascular, so when the veins become more prominent, that's a good sign.  Shoulders were hard today.  I looked up some of the top women from last years competition, and not gonna lie, it got me a little paranoid about my shoulders.  I forgot that when you compete in a federation that does not test for roids, some of the women are just plain JACKED.  At 132, I better hope I don't go on stage any lower than 122lbs.  I will look like a rail.  A solid 125 will be good.  And so help me God if I lose my butt...that's the money maker baby.

Workout:
Alternating DB shoulder press 4 x 8 each arm
High rope row/ss BB press 3 x 10 each
Front DB raises/ss bent arm DB rasies  4 x 10 each
Underhand bicep pull-down  4 x 10
Standing EZ bar curls  3 x 10
Alternating incline DB curls 3 x 8-10 each arm
Sit-ups, legs on bench (slow) 4 x 12
Leg lifts 3 x 15
Plank roll on stability ball 3 x 12

I can already tell this afternoon is going to be long.  My eyes are heavy and I could take some coffee straight to the face right now.  Instead, I'll probably suck it up, yell at a few clients, and look forward to the ginormous chicken breast I will eat for dinner....double D...

No comments:

Post a Comment