Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mars vs. Venus

Mom is blowing up my phone texting like a 14 year old.  Bless her heart, her arthritis is probably screaming right about now. 
They just saw a funnel cloud near the house and got caught in a horrible hail storm that apparently knocked all the power out and left a mess everywhere.  We're used to hurricanes around here, tornadoes, not so much.  And all the people in Kansas right now have absolutely no sympathy.  I get it. 
Despite the hieroglyphics she is sending, I am thankful they are safe and sound.

My work day was definitely not the smoothest, and came with a handful of glitches to say the least.  Personal training is about relationships and the longer you're in it, the more sensitive/aware you become to instances when personalities clash.  Today was one of those days.  No, I do not expect to get along perfectly with every single person.  That's unrealistic.  However, when it boils down to "I don't respect you as a trainer because you have a vagina", I tend to get a little irritated.  Where, in the laws of weight training, does it state that a vagina impairs one's ability to be a successful trainer?  Give me a break.  But it would probably be in the same fictional section where it explains that a penis gives you super powers.  Sad news:  it doesn't.  Hope I just killed the dream for a few of you.  Welcome to reality.
Unfortunately, I still face this issue every now and then.  Some get over it after a few workouts, and others continue to live in their twisted world where their "lightsaber" really is a lightsaber. 

The morning rolled on and I soon found myself facing a horrific shoulder workout.  By horrific, I mean awesome.  It was hard, and full of drop-sets and supersets, but it felt amazing and I was glad to get it done.  While I thought I might cut my cardio short today because I still feel pretty crappy, once I turned on the tv and started moving I just decided to finish out the 45 minutes.  Tomorrow is leg day, which means no cardio day.  Ah yes, can't wait.

Ok, that may be it for me tonight.  I'm spent, and my mom keeps texting me about what they choose to do when the power is out.  There is something seriously wrong with my family.

Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment