Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Silent Game...By Myself...I Win

Normally I have jazz or singers/swing music going right now (secret obsession), but today I am on noise-overload.  I don't even like the sound of my computer keys.  Now the phone is ringing.  Awesome timing,...I just may rip it from the wall and slingshot it into another yard.  And yes, I already have one in mind.  The yard art already crossed my line of decency at the fake rooster, so what the heck add a phone in there and make it neomodern.
Oh speaking of, I have 24 hours to move my trashcan because its an "eye sore".  I got the notice 3 weeks ago.  The deadline is May 31st.  Its not like its sitting in the middle of the lawn....its blocked from view because of Ryan's SUV.  That thing is the eye sore.  My God, it just looks guilty....5 bucks says that the other 95% of people who drive that same vehicle have a criminal record or wear orange and have not seen their car since '03.  He's had it for years and did the whole window tint/bass system/rims thing that every 18 year old idiot male does in an effort to be cool.  Oh he was cool alright.  Now all he has to show for it is a wife that hates it and a high probability he'll be profiled on the highway.
For those of you who know us, you know I'm right.
Back to the trashcan thing,...I'm just venting.  BUT, I would like to send out a few "eye sore" notices myself...starting with a fake rooster.

My work day started with 3 teenage boys and a coffee surge like no other.  I was running through Harris Teeter at 5:15 to get a cake.  I should not be allowed in public before 7.  Pretty sure I looked like a criminal on a security cam somewhere.  Today was Brian's 35th birthday and so of course we needed a little sugar to acknowledge the old fart.  I can say that only because I will always be younger than him.  What a friend and employee I am, I know.  Happy Birthday B!

 It was a rainy morning so most people certainly did not feel like working out.  Fine, I get it.  But do it anyway.  Everyone left tired, but feeling accomplished...check and check.  Don't even give yourself the option of not doing it....unless you're vomiting or bleeding internally.  Then ok, I understand.  Otherwise, just start moving and give yourself 10-15 minutes to get into it.  You don't have to love every second.  Boy was I reminded of that today.  A client looked me square in the eyes and without a smirk just professed her hatred towards me in that moment.  Eh,...I was just amazed it wasn't laced with profanity by that point.

Workout today was legs.  A couple of supersets and a lot of glute/hamstring work.  Going to the bathroom tomorrow just might force me to invent an easier way.  When sore hamstrings hit a horizontal surface you quickly realize that standing really isn't all that bad.  I was pleased with my weights, rest time between sets, and total volume.  Tomorrow is back and triceps....big day.

I am literally nodding off right now.  Exhausted.  I fell asleep sitting straight up today for about 20 minutes.  I may have drooled, not sure.  This was the view at 1:30pm...when I was either going to take a nap or bang my head against the wall...
Banging my head against the wall required getting up,...so I opted for a nap.

Ok, another hump day down, Thursday here we go.  Give it all you got folks...make it count.

No comments:

Post a Comment