Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Early Morning Brutality

My Tuesday began at 3:30 this morning when I woke up from a dream that my best friend and I were battling with light sabers in the middle of Times Square.  Don't ask.  My dreams make no sense, but darned if I don't wake up laughing, crying, standing on the bed, or practically speaking Portuguese.  This morning I woke up in a sweat from the ridiculous futuristic-larping episode that evidently just took place.  At that point, the day was rolling and I needed to just get up and go with it.

As predicted, several clients stumbled in from a weekend of crappy food and booze.  It was a rude awakening for some, and one guy had the nerve to look at me, hungover, and say "Meredith, I need you to focus more on losing this (as he grabs his gut)".  I couldn't help but laugh at him because this is about the 3rd conversation we've had about his I-want-a-6-pack-but-not-willing-to-lay-down-the-6-pack attitude.  I had to use a more direct strategy to communicate my point.  Thus, I got a little louder and s-l-o-w-l-y explained once again that NO amount of working out or certain exercises makes up for a poor diet and chugging alcohol like water.  That was the nice, edited version....it sounded slightly different.  I think he got the point.
Don't blame a workout program or trainer if you're not going to do your homework in between.  You spend over 90% of your time outside of the gym....think about it...

Well, my workout today was great.  Honestly, I was in a serious zone that any pothead would have paid good money for.  My workouts have to be on point for the next 5 weeks in preparation for this photoshoot.  I'm at my last 1.5% of bodyfat to go, so it will literally be the biggest pain in the ass to get rid of.  Too bad its not in my breasts.  I shed that particular 1.5% by 10th grade.  The day I buy a bigger bra will be the day Jesus returns and steals the show...

9:00 already and I need to get some sleep before leg day tomorrow.  And in other big news....1 month til my birthday.  I get more pumped about birthdays than most 6 year olds.  It will officially be the last year of my twenties and I plan to make it epic.  And by epic I mean stay up past 10.  Living life in the fast lane...


No comments:

Post a Comment