Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lil Peanut's Party

Well, my Cinco de Mayo began a little later than expected.  And by "later" I mean 6:53 in the morning.  I slept in. 
The only reason I stumbled out of bed at that point was to satisfy my need for caffeine...aaaand my cat seems to think he'll starve if he's not fed by 7am.  He'll basically whine until I'm tempted to put him on the curb like a lawn ornament.  Needless to say, I got up.  Dumb cat.

I had to take care of some stuff around the house before it was time to knock out my cardio.  I wasn't in the mood or the treadmill or eliptical, so I got a little crazy and opted to run outside.  That's right, I ran.  I haven't run over 3 miles in probably 5-6 weeks.  Don't get me wrong, I've been doing cardio, just no running.  I've been in a running-revolt of sorts.  But today I needed a change.  I cranked my ipod and hit the pavement,....don't worry, it was less than impressive.  I kept my heartrate exactly where I wanted, but my hamstrings were screaming the whole time.  5 miles later I felt like a train hit me, but I was done....thank God.  If anything, it will make me appreciate the incline mountain climb tomorrow morning.


We celebrated Haven's first birthday this afternoon!  Her actual birthday isn't until Tuesday, but we started the party a little early.  Everyone had a great time, and the party was not complete until I removed a tick from my brother's butt.  That's right, in the middle of the party there I am with tweezers, rubbing alcohol, and my face just inches from his rear.  No, it didn't feel normal, but nothing about my family ever feels normal.  So what the heck, drop the pants and let's get this critter.  At that point, kids are running around all sugar-drunk, adults are in food comas on the couch, and there I am performing semi-sterile tick removal.  Pretty normal Parker birthday party.

I'll leave you with a few pictures from Haven's celebration...




1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures!! Happy Birthday Haven! Can't believe she's one...

    ReplyDelete