Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom, It Wasn't Me...

Ah yes, Mother's Day.
At one point my mom hugged me and said "Thank you for making me a mother."  Umm....that was probably a little more Dad and a night of this-will-be-a-great-idea, but ok fine, you're welcome.  Love you mom :)

My day was pretty busy beginning with church.  It was a fairly typical Mother's Day morning in our pew, and not 5 minutes into the service I look over and my grandpa was clipping his fingernails.  And who's going to say something to the 92 year old man taking care of his personal hygiene in a church pew while hooked up to an oxygen tank?  Not me.  At that age, you pretty much do what you want.  So he did.  I wanted to laugh, and yet the risk of catching a thumb nail in the mouth was too great,...so instead I faked a prayer and dropped my head.  Horrible, I know.

The rest of the day was spent with my madre just hanging out, eating some grilled pork and veggies, and seeing all the latest things she's bedazzled around the house.  Seriously, she will put jewels or sequins on anything....absolutely anything.  Five bucks says when I change her diaper in 30 years, I'll find glitter.  Yes, I already promised I would do that.  Moment of involuntary emotional weakness.....mom seems to have that effect on me.

The weekend honestly flew by, and I definitely got to rest some, but I could certainly use more.  I made it to the pool for awhile Saturday, but once my headphones were unable to drown out the sound of 20+ kids and an 8 year old reciting Flo Rida lyrics, I was practically running to my car.  That was an anxiety attack waiting to happen.

Physically, I felt great this weekend, and got my cardio done without a hitch.  The coffee beforehand helps.  Just putting gas in the tank baby!  Tomorrow its back to the weightroom.  Thank God.  I'll hit back, shoulders, and core, and finish with some cardio.  The daily grind...here we go.

And once again,...thank you mom for all you do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment