Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dressing Drama...

The alarm goes off.
I get up.
Stumble to the closet to get dressed.
Slip on my Nike's.
Walk to the bathroom to wash my face and finish getting ready.
Holy crap, where are my pants?
I forgot to put on pants.

That was the start of my day.  One would think I'd remember pants, but I keep my expectations low at 4am.  It was going to be a Dunkin-Donuts-coffee kind of morning....naturally. 

It was an entertaining morning with clients.  I got the finger at 7:30 and knew it would be another fun-filled day in the gym.  Its funny how some people will complain right and left, curse, and even threaten my life a few times in a 60 minute span, and then others would run sprints through highway traffic if I asked them to.  Somewhere in the middle would be great.  I honestly don't mind complaining as long as you get it done.  Its the ones who complain about working hard, then don't, and then complain about not seeing results.  But a few moans and groans here and there really don't bother me.  I would be lying if I said I walked into my workout everyday with a skip in my step and a giddy smile on my face.  What a sight.  Give me a drug test if that ever happens.  Then call my mom.  She'd freak so it would be worth it.

My back/tricep workout today went well, and even the cardio afterward felt pretty good.  Shocking, I know.  But honestly, my glutes and hamstrings feel like someone caned me in my sleep.  They are beyond sore, so the first 15 minutes on incline 14 was a little brutal, but after that it was a drunken blur, things went numb, and I was in the zone.  Well, me, Lil Wayne, Pink, Beyonce,...it was one big party.

This post is short.  Its almost 10 and I am tired.  I'll have more tomorrow and perhaps some things-to-ponder for the weekend.  Ah the anticipation...


No comments:

Post a Comment