Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Prepare For Departure

I'm staring at 4 different lists, a day planner, and a monthly calendar.
My OCD has reached a new high,...or low,...however you want to look at it.  Where did this week go?  I feel as though I was just spending a Saturday by the pool contemplating a canon ball in the 3ft, and now here I am riding out hump day with tilapia and cottage cheese.  Amazing that no one is eager to trade lives with me...

My morning was filled with many laughs.
It was one of those mornings when I'd get on the mat to demonstrate a push-up and I wanted to just face plant.  Then I could at least lay there for 10 seconds.  I was drained.  Thankfully, my clients kept me well entertained with stories of family, marriage, and any other source of dysfunction in their lives.  I was born with a sign on my forehead that says Tell me EVERYTHING.  Now I just need to write a book because you people are nuts.  Ha.  I know, I seriously have absolutely no room to talk.  My best friend probably just got self-induced whiplash from nodding so hard.  Its fine.  I get it.

My workout today went better than I expected.  Being that I was so tired and about to face a leg workout, I was honestly not expecting myself to put up record breaking weights or anything.  I had several supersets, dropsets, and kept rest time between sets right at 45 seconds.  I was breathing like a smoker, yes, and was pretty darn happy when I was done.  No cardio for me today.  Just shower and a protein shake.  Wednesday workout,...done.

Now I just need to get up from this seat and start packing.
We are headed to Florida tomorrow for a wedding and my plan is to come back looking like a different ethnicity.  I haven't even begun packing,...clothes....vitamins....make-up...food....books....ipod...its borderline ridiculous when I travel.  And I refuse to check a bag.  They lost my bag on our honeymoon.   Ok, so it was only for 24 hours, but that was the longest 24 hours of my life and how do you misplace a 50 pound over-sized purple bag?  You have ONE job.  Read the tag.  Pick it up.  Load it.  So I'm still slightly bitter....point is, I am going to fit 4 days worth in a carry-on.  You men do not understand/appreciate the significance of this.  I could pack more than a family of 4 moving to South Africa.  I am a worse-case-scenario packer and will have enough underwear in case Katrina II hits along with tuna packets, protein powder, and anything else that looks suspicious and weird going through that x-ray.  I've been searched a few times.  One time it was borderline groping.  Yeah, pretty sure I was violated in Texas a couple years ago.  Anyway, little baggies of protein powder do not always go over too well.  And don't ever suggest they "taste it",....my God, you would have thought I'd whipped out numb-chucks.
Needless to say, tomorrow will be interesting.

Time to get this packing party started.   Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment