Sunday, June 3, 2012

Girls Night....with George.

I almost sent out a search party for myself.
Its been 3 days since I've posted, and its honestly not because I haven't had anything to say.  We all know that's not true.  The weekend just flew by from one thing to the next and before I knew it I was peeling eggs like some factory worker losing fingers and what not in preparation for another week.  I was a complete zombie today, but for good reason.
I went to stay with my nieces last night while my brother/sister-in-law went to a wedding.  We went to the park....baked muffins...went potty....and watched Curious George...and more Curious George....oh, and one more time.  He should no longer be curious.  It was a blast.  A few shots of milk for them and coffee for me and things get crraaaazzy...
....working on the whole smile-thing....
This was self-induced whip-lash.



I was driving home well after 1am trying to stay awake and hold back any road rage that naturally occurs post-9pm.  At one point I remember being too tired to change the radio station, and 6 minutes later it occurred to me that I just sat through back-to-back Phil Collins songs.  At 1:30 in the morning, exhausted, and no more caffeine in the system, Phil Collins is a crotch-kick.  I didn't know whether to cry, curse, or keep veering right. 
It was the end to a fairly busy day that began with hip-hop class.  First hip-hop class in about 5 weeks so we were all sucking wind like smokers in there, but it was worth it.  I had a couple of newbies in there, high school freshmen,...so I was proud of them for simply stepping out of their comfort zone.  After an hour I was completely drenched and wondering how I survived college without having a heart attack and muscle cramps at every frat party.

Ah yes, a new week.  It will be a busy one, but I am ready to roll.  I don't do too well with "down time".  Shocking, I know.  What can I say,...I love what I do.  Not to say I won't long for a nap around 3pm and consider a forehead-to-the-wall move by 5, but that's just a typical Monday right? 
Exactly.

I am headed to bed.  Its not even 9 yet, but I am 5 minutes from a freakout and need some coma-like sleep before I say or do something I'll have to apologize for later.

On that note, get your week started right.  Plan your workout schedule.  Mark it on your calendar and make your health a priority.  Simply writing it down will make you more likely to follow through and not book something else during that time.  1 hour,...20 minutes,....whatever.  Fit it in.  No excuses.

Night folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment