Monday, May 2, 2011

Driving nowhere...

Holy moly this morning was off to a rough start.
For whatever reason my body decides that 1:45 is a great time to wake up..(which, for the record, its not)...so after looking at the clock and realizing I've got a whopping 2.75 hours to sleep, I roll over and wake up even more tired at 4:30.  It was all down hill from there.  I was detoured from getting on the highway, took a wrong turn and ended up at a farm, finally made it to my exit and sat at a red light for 4 minutes....4 m-i-n-u-t-e-s....that was an eternity at 5:30 in the morning.  My anger was out of control at that point.  My heart rate was through the roof.  So ridiculous....and the people who are completely calm in situations like that blow my mind.  I want what they're smoking...

Once I was at work I was good to go.  Zimm came back in town this week, which was AWESOME....he definitely brought me some sanity during my workout.  Speaking of, this was week 2 of my new routine.  Felt great, kept everything heavy for reps of 6-8 and then some sprints at the end.  My IT band is back to its A game.  Thank God.  So I took advantage of it and did short, hard sprints.  Incline 8, speed 12, 12 seconds, for 20 minutes.  Heart rate was 204, but as long as I keep the music loud enough that I can't hear myself sucking wind, I'm fine.  I tell my clients all the time, you just have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Workout:
Wide grip pull-ups 4 x 6
Seated cable row 4 x 6
Single arm lat pull-down 4 x 6 each arm
Seated BB shoulder press 4 x 6
Bent arm lateral raise/ss partials 4 x 8/8
Standing EZ bar curls 4 x 6-8
Alternating DB curls 4 x 6 each
Sprints 20 minutes

Almost bedtime and I'm stuck in the recliner....story of my life.  Tomorrow I will have more to write about....right now I've to peel 20 eggs before hitting the bed.  Fun...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great workout this morning and for the training advice!!! I think I'll wear my HR monitor more often and keep better track of numbers.

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete