Thursday, May 26, 2011

Moondance

I'm listening to old jazz music while I blog....wanna take a bet on how long it takes before I either fall asleep or whip out the wine and shed a few tears??....this is borderline absurd right now...

Thank God for a much better sleep last night!
I think I was so exhausted that I rolled over and that was all she wrote.  I went to bed almost soaking wet too.  Yeah,...went outside last night around 8:45 to finish watering the plants, cursing at the mosquitoes, and trying my best not to step in the wet part of the grass.  Well, that plan went straight down the crapper as I made my way over to turn off the hose.  It was dark, and I walked right into the line of fire where water was spewing out from the faucet.  Good thing no kids were playing in the cul-de-sac...they would've gotten an ear full.  There I was having a one-man wet t-shirt contest in my yard on a Wednesday night.  I lost...

Great day at work.  It was a little slower today, but allowed more time for me to chat with clients and yell at a few teenagers.  Sometimes I can't help but laugh at them though....the filter from their brain to their mouth is often non-existent.  It's quite entertaining....probably more so since they're not my kids.

I had a decent workout today.  Didn't do cardio...I'm on a cardio-rebellion.  Not to mention I'm developing a nice shin splint on my right leg...awesome.  I need about zero reasons not to do cardio, having one is a bonus.  I'm horrible....cardio has many benefits and there are times when I honestly don't mind it....but if I had my choice, I'd say no to drugs and cardio....just being honest.
I had back, shoulders, biceps for reps 12-15 per set.  Shoulders felt a little weak today for whatever reason...but here's to another day with the weights...

One of our former trainers stopped by today to say hello.  He was with us over 2 years ago and moved to CA to go to PT school.  He's great...it was funny as he was leaving, he looks at me and says "wow Mer, you're a lot bigger!"  Ha...things not to say to 99% of women...but I don't mind.  Last time he saw me I was about 20 pounds lighter and just tiny.  I took it as a compliment.  More junk in the trunk...more to love...
It's still amazing to me how my perspective has changed so much.  I remember being 110 pounds and feeling absolutely horrible about myself...so insecure....fearing the scale like death...and more unhappy than I can explain.  Who would've thought that at 130 pounds I am more confident and comfortable in my own skin?!  I try to convey this to the women/young girls I work with that struggle with image issues, but its simply something they have to want for themselves....and desire health over the distorted sense of comfort found in unhealthy behaviors.  I like to think that part of the reason I went through such a dark chapter in my life is so that I can offer hope and understanding to others going through the same thing.  No struggle is ever in vain.

Well, I am ready for some serious sleep...and a good Friday ahead.  Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment