Friday, May 27, 2011

Barking spiders

Its Friday and I'm exhausted.
The weather was unreal today...monsoon...hail...out of control.  It all just made me more tired.

I had an awesome workout though.  I started it with a 2 mile run...yes, you read it correctly.  I wanted to break up my cardio a little bit today instead of doing 45 straight minutes after weights...I just had this feeling I'd be gouging out my eyes by the end...so I did 2 miles before, and 25 minutes afterward.  That was plenty cardio for me today.  As far as lifting goes, I started out with legs.  I did more conditioning work, supersets, plyos, etc since I wasn't going to sprint today.  My hamstrings are so tight right now that they throb when I sit in the recliner and extend the foot rest.  For the record, sitting in a recliner should never be painful.  Its the one place that you should be so incredibly comfortable that if the opportunity for sex were to arise (no pun intended), there is an actual hesitation before getting up....like a 10 minute hesitation.  Well, right now I can hardly move.

After legs, I hit chest/triceps and some core work before heading back to the treadmill.

Workout:
Weighted SL squats 3 x 12 each
Anklebands with squat (30)/ss lunge jumps  3 sets
squat jumps (10)/ss SL lateral hurdle jumps (20)  3 sets
SL glute/ham raise on cable 3 x 10 each
Incline DB press 3 x 12
Flat DB press/ss cable flys 3 x 10 each
BW dips 3 x 15
Rope press down 3 x 15
Sit-ups on ball/ss decline arm extensions
Reverse crunches 3 x 15

I found out today that my calcium supplement is being recalled for containing too much vitamin D3.  Awesome....I've been downing those pills like jelly beans for the past 6 months.  So I'm going to email the company tonight to find out what I need to do.  Haven't experienced any side effects...unless moodiness, fatigue, and gas are on the list.  Doubt it.

This weekend I will take some time to adjust my diet a little bit.  I basically want to get my maintenance calorie needs as high as possible before July/August when I'll have to drop them again.  That way, dieting will be more effective.  Truth is, you cannot stay in a caloric deficit forever.  The body is extremely adaptive and will adjust as needed.  You're metabolism will plummet.  Weight loss will stall.  You will start losing muscle, not fat. 
Not worth it.

Ok, Tosh.O comes on in 15 minutes and I still need to make my dinner and set up shop on a TV tray...wow, that mental image screams toolbag...

Have a wonderful weekend folks :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on the cardio!! I know you could have run that pump-n-run 5k and beaten everyone...you are so much stronger than you let on!! :) It wasn't that bad, was it??

    Of course lifting brings satisfaction to you while running brings that same satisfaction to me, so I can understand your love/hate relationship with the cardio. :)

    Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete