Wednesday, May 11, 2011

TABATA takeover....

Before I begin on my typical day at the gym, I need to address something.  (Leave it to me to beat around the bush for approximately 2 seconds before I can't take it anymore).  Let me start off by saying how much I truly enjoy receiving questions, encouragement, etc on my blog.  I am flattered that you take the time to "walk with me" if you will on a day to day basis.  With that said, I do NOT appreciate soliciting posts.  Don't try to hide it in a vague "suggestion" about workouts, nutrition, etc and then offer a link to a website trying to sell something.  Believe or not I'm not an idiot.  I don't want what you're selling, and quite frankly get a little pissed that I wasted 10 seconds reading your ridiculous comment...I hope you get carpol tunnel from attempting to post more...

Ah, now that that's off my chest lets move on shall we?...

It was hump day indeed.  All I had to do were sprints, which was good because it took about all the energy I had.  I squeezed them in this morning....which, running before I've had time to think clearly for more than 2 hours is a foreign thought to me, but the tour rolls on (thank you Zimm for the inspiration to that reference).  My hamstrings are tight as hell in the morning, so I just did TABATA style sprints for 22 minutes to keep from hitting full speed but get my heartrate high enough in the process.  Sprinting on the treadmill only 30 minutes after finishing 16oz of coffee is a heart attack waiting to happen.  My pulse was through the roof and I was sweating more than normal....which is hard to even comprehend.  My sweat glands think its middle of August all year round.  Lucky me...I'm the only person who might wear khakis to a baseball game and leave looking like I poured lemonade on my crotch just to cool off.  Its absurd.   Anyway, I made it through the sprints, and it was on to the rest of my day.

I had many laughs with clients, as we discussed life, workouts, and how a woman barely over 5' tall can manage to have DD breasts...naturally.  Yes, we cover all topics.  That is life.  One thing that stood out today was the number of people who drink diet soda....everyday...and more than 1.  That stuff is crap people!  Ok, every now and then is one thing....but to continually pour chemicals into your body that can hardly be processed is nuts.  Get it out of there.  Your body will thank you.

Speaking of food, I just made scrambled egg whites with ground turkey, cottage cheese, and stevia.  Looked like vomit, but tasted great.  Protein topped with protein....yeeeaahhhh

Back, shoulders, and biceps tomorrow.  Here we go....hear that??...that's my bed calling...oh God, its cursing now....better go...

Night!!

2 comments:

  1. Always glad to provide inspiration ;) Nice work on the sprints and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zimm! Miss you during workouts man!! Looks like you're rolling through smoothly...can't wait for the conditioning I'm sure....I'm hurting just thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete