Friday, May 20, 2011

Duck vomit

My pecs are crying.
At the beginning of my workout today I had to complete the bench press challenge part of the pump-n-run race for this weekend.  I was so dramatic...I had to set the music...explain to Brian how to count (I wanted to know every 7th rep, not every single one)...and then get my mind right.  Ha...I am ridiculous.  You would've thought it was a strong man competition.  65 pounds loaded on the bar...here she goes.  Reps 1-20 felt like a breeze, and it wasn't until about rep 27 that I began to feel the weight of the bar.  At rep 36 my triceps started burning and I knew the last ones would be a battle.  40 through 44 were a blur, and I was hating life at 47.  I wanted to rest longer at the top, but just holding the bar up there completely sucked.  Pushed through #49 and honestly wanted to stop...oh but 50 was calling my name.  I fought for that last one, and fairly certain all the blood rushing to my chest made me a momentary B-cup....and there's a first time for everything...

After that ordeal I had to move on to the rest of my chest workout.  What a joke.  I could hardly move my arms.  I had to wait a few minutes before starting, and each set felt extremely heavy.  Chest, biceps, core, and then ending with some cardio.  I was going to sprint today, but my hamstrings are way too tight...hurts to walk.  I'm pretty anxious to see where my strength will be in about 3 weeks...that will put me at the 6 week mark.

Workout:
near-death bench press to failure 50x
Incline DB bench 3 x 12
flat DB flys 3 x 12
Cable flys 3 x 12
Push-ups to failure 2x
EZ bar curls 3 x 12
Alternating incline curls 3 x10 each
Wide lat bar curls 2 x 15

After my workout and the one client I scheduled today, I headed over to Duke Gardens to walk with mom.  She was in the mood to talk, and I was practically in a coma by the time I got there.  She did most of the talking, while I got in some incredible people watching.  There was one couple that I swear was going to have sex right there in front of the ducks.  If ducks didn't vomit before,...they do now...

It's been a great week with clients...many laughs...and now my weekend begins.  Not even 9:00 and I am headed to bed.....completely exhausted...

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOPPPPSSS! So sorry, I'm on my husband's computer and I didn't realize he hadn't signed out of his blog!! Yeah, so Guy-Uriel happens to be my husband and he didn't comment on your post--I did. :) Sorry!

    Meant to tell you that you totally ROCK. See comment under "LOL" for more praise. :) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora,
    Just FYI...I couldn't run a 5k today if I wanted to...I can't feel my chest/arms. Damn that bench press....ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win!!! That is insane...you really are an animal (and I totally mean that as a compliment). Way to go! :)

    PS - I know what you mean about couples in Duke Gardens. I was actually at a small, neighborhood kids' park and there was a couple going to town on a bench. Neither of them had kids so it was like, "REALLY!? A little young for a peep show." I don't get some people..

    ReplyDelete