Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Give me peanut butter

Oh where to begin...
So, my intentions to blog yesterday completely went down the toilet.  By the time I sat down to my computer it was pushing 8:45 (which is like 11pm to me), and the only thoughts I could formulate were totally irrational and borderline absurd.  Come to think of it, I should have posted just for mere entertainment purposes.

The past 2 weeks have honestly been a whirlwind of emotions.  My training has been great and right on key, but mentally I am a little overwhelmed and drained.  I am used to being tired by the end of the week, but not like I've been since the show.  I just feel tense, and pretty much ready to snap at any minute.  (Not a shocker to a few people who know me, but half of those people only intensify the problem...thank you, no really,  you are ridiculous).  Perhaps I just need some extra sleep...story of my life.

Today's training was only sprint work and some core.  My sprints felt great, no knee pain, and cardiovascular-wise everything felt smooth and very doable.  Speaking of running, a woman today overheard me talking about me running this past weekend and all of a sudden goes "You run?!"...like just because I look like I could squat a house and toss a keg 40 yards means I don't run.  No I'm not 100 pounds and jogging 40 miles a week just to say I weigh a 100 pounds and run 40 miles a week.  I had to laugh...

I've got back and shoulders tomorrow and my shoulders are still sore from Monday.  Bad news.  Honestly, if they still feel like this tomorrow I might need to change my workout...or just curse my whole way through it.  The second is more likely.

Well, I better get to bed.  Before I know it I will be back at work...

2 comments:

  1. As much as you hate them, from what I saw those treadmill sprints seemed to be going great today...nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! No comment on the running. :)

    ReplyDelete