Monday, May 23, 2011

Everything's bigger in Texas

Never a dull moment in my life...

There are times when I'm fairly certain that God looks down and says, "Oh yeah, watch this..."....and then proceeds to blow our minds, change our direction, and give us a few anxiety attacks along the way.  But then again, for me not to have at least one freak-out per day means its time to check my pulse.  I've made going 0 to 60 an art form...and the past 48 hours have been no different.  Life has a funny way of doing that sometimes...

Ah yes, Monday.  It was pretty normal....what does that word even mean??!  One highlight was probably when a client sent a text to let me know she had a "GI track issue" and  didn't want to "put myself in all sorts of embarrassing positions"...ha...I knew how all this would go down....literally.  I would be standing there cleaning up poo on a Monday afternoon.  Not how you want to end a Monday.  If its any indication as to how you're week will unfold, consider yourself screwed....and strap on a helmet til Friday just in case.

I was ready to get back to the gym after taking Sunday completely off.  I needed to.  Hell, I still couldn't feel my chest from that bench press on Friday.  My sternum is ridiculously tender right now...and it isn't from holding up the girls.  I had back/shoulders/bis/sprints today...reps 6-8...and pretty much everything was a struggle.  My workout didn't seem to flow very well today...just one of those days.

Workout:
Wide grip pull-ups 4 x 6-8
Close grip pull-backs 4 x 6-8
Single arm lat pull-down 4 x 6 each
BB shoulder press 4 x 6-8
DB lateral raises 4 x 8
DB front raises 4 x 8
BB curls 4 x 8
Alternating DB curls 4 x 6 each
Sprints

I am truly contemplating hitting legs pretty hard tomorrow.  I know I've been keeping reps high and dropping the weights lately, but my rear is honestly starting to feel a little soft.  At 27, my backside should be awake and alert if you know what I mean.  Yes, this is me being critical and picky...it comes with the territory of simply having a vagina.  This is what we do...

Something random and very cool....a lovely gal by the name of Katie Houston wanted a brief bio to feature on her blog this past week.  I met her in Bakersfield, California a couple of years ago when my husband was playing on the same minor league team as her now fiance.  Amazing woman.  She is now a personal trainer herself, and I was truly honored she asked me to do this.  To check it out, go to katiehouston.com.  And while you're there definitely check out some of her blog posts, workouts, and awesome recipes....she is just an overall very cool person and I am so thankful I met her!

Holy crap I joined twitter.
My ADD is out of control right now...jumping from topic to topic...social turrets.
Never thought I'd do it....just like facebook...stupid peer pressure.  I honestly don't have anything great to tweet about.  And I hate the word "tweet"....so this will be interesting to say the least.  But hats off to you who tweet and make me laugh out loud.  That makes my day more than you know.

Ok, its late and I need to wash dishes and prepare for tomorrow....nighty night people!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I missed you today - why does everything with my life always have to be last-minute now?! I was seriously looking forward to seeing you sport Chloe in the front pack. :)

    Katie couldn't have been closer to the truth. You really are an exceptional person and major inspiration. As totally corny as this sounds, I feel like God was smiling when he introduced me to you guys. You've helped me out in more ways than you realize. I'm really glad you put a link to Katie's blog on your page, too. Excellent site!

    Watch out for Twitter - I always said I wouldn't get sucked in to the black hole. It's a seriously freakish fetish and I still make fun of it even though I'm now a part of it. What's your name?

    PS - I agree about the "tweeting" thing. I always say, "I twittered..." or "I'm a twitterer.." (when I actually care to admit it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Don't even fret about this morning...I wasn't even there! Crazy, I know...I will explain the whole story on Thursday...

    So glad you checked out Katie's site. She's great. And thank you for your kind words...wow...
    And I think God actually laughed and said "Hayley,if you remotely think YOU'RE nuts...check this out!"...ha But seriously, I am emtremely flattered you feel that way. You've certainly blessed my life in countless ways!

    Oh, my twitter name is MFSince1983...nothing fancy or vulgar...shocking, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete