Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oh come on Brittany...

I like the new Brittany Spears song.
My life is over.
Its the first one on my workout play list, and since I feel like I'm at confessional, I might as well admit that I listened to it about 12 times today.  I've reached a new low.  Its not so much the fact that she went from slutty to completely nuts to a slutty, nuts mother of two...its more the fact that I might have an issue with being a fan of anyone whose first hit is "Oops!...I did it again."  For a brief moment I'm not sure if she's making a sexual reference or if she crapped herself.  Just saying, a little clarification in the title would've been helpful...Nonetheless, we rocked out together through one heck of a workout.

I had a PR today in the gym.  My last set of flat db bench press was with 55's.  Thankfully, Brian was there to set me up, otherwise I'm fairly certain I would have taken a dumbbell to the face.  I was pretty pumped about that though.  The pecs were working overtime.

Workout:
Squats 12x/ss split jumps 20x   3 sets
Hamstring curls on machine  3 x 15
Squat jumps 3 x 15
Hamstring pull-backs 3 x 15
Flat db bench press 4 x 6,6,6,4
Cable flys 4 x 6
Incline db press 4 x 6
Decline weighted sit-ups/ss pulse 3 x 12/12
Reverse crunch 3 x 15
Heel-touch 2 x failure
Cardio 45 minutes

Overall, it was a good workout day...light on the legs (which I am still struggling with mentally to wrap my brain around), ridiculously heavy on the chest, some core work, and then walking/jogging.  I was pretty spent after that.  3:00 rolled around and the temptation to just lay down on the floor grew tremendously.  Which would last about 2 minutes before "Meredith! How many reps on this?!"...."Meredith! Is this right?!"...."Meredith! What was my last exercise?!".   You get the point.  One day I'm gonna change my name just to mess with people.  It would be something cool....like Pipa.  Ok, that was a joke....no really....

So honestly, right now I feel pretty gross.  My diet has been fairly steady, but not as consistent as I need.  I have a sensitive system, so when I eat random foods which are not typically part of my plan, I feel like I'm about to explode, be sick, or have to chug Pepto until I'm flowing like the Nile.  Back in the saddle tomorrow....can't have another bloated day...for my sake and everyone else as well.

Wish I had some more to talk about.  Ok, honestly I do, but the arthritis in my right hand is cursing me right now and typing is slowly becoming painful.  I am officially 27 going on 87.  Have a lovely night, and prepare for hump day tomorrow!!  Yeeeaaaahhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment