Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tacos and Margaritas

Thursday night...The Office...egg whites and turkey...and a dose of of quiet.  Life is good.  Which reminds me...ever seen those t-shirts that say "Life is Crap."?  Finally, someone got a sense of humor about those things.  My guess is that the creator of that slogan had a different one to begin with, presented it to the company, and the original word was soon replaced with "crap."  We appreciate the honesty though, and even with the word change, we get the point....thank you.

An extra hour of sleep proved to be absolutely amazing.  I think I was pretty much in a comma all night.  Well, until I woke up at 2am to use the bathroom.  It was one of those middle-of-the-night bathroom trips when you finally go you realize that if you'd waited any longer the odds of wetting the bed were pretty darn high.  Which should never happen after the age of 7........sober.  Anyway, it was a great night's sleep and then on to my day...pretty low-key, awesome workout, and many fun moments with clients.

The highlight of my day was probably when I shared with one of my ladies about my first gyno experience.  The story came up because when she climbed in the leg press machine I couldn't help but make a joke about going to the gyno (let's be honest, the position of the machine just begs for ridiculous comments).  You get in that machine and its like the dreaded words are hanging above you... "Ok, now please scoot to the edge of the table and place your feet in the stirrups."  Guys don't understand this, but I can't imagine its the same as "turn your head and cough".  They grab themselves all the time, so whats one more person?  Anyway, the story is a classic, which I can't exactly share on here, but needless to say it was comical.  She laughed and laughed and my day was complete at that point.   You never know what someone is going through before they walk through those doors, but a figure a little humor can go a long way...

Let's talk workout.
I had back and biceps today with reps 12-15 on most lifts.  I was originally going to hit shoulders today, but they are still sore from Monday's workout.  Seriously, its absurd.  Biceps are definitely stronger, but I'm still struggling with getting as hard of a contraction on my left side as my right.  Details.

Workout:
Lat pull-down 3 x 12
Close grip pull-back 3 x 12
BB row (12x)/ss hyperentensions (12x)
Rear flys 3 x 15
Lat bar curls 3 x 12
Alternating incline curls 3 x 10-12 each
EZ bar curl partials 3 x 15

Cinco de Mayo.  Wonder how many margaritas were consumed today......my guess is not enough.  We all act like we need a reason to drink...umm...don't think we do.  People seem to do it just fine without one.  But cheers anyway!

Alright, long day, time for bed.....cleaning, workout, and planting some flowers await tomorrow.  Oh don't get too excited to think that I might have a green thumb.  I've committed house-plant-homicide many a time.

Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment