Monday, May 16, 2011

Busting out...

What a weekend.
I walked into the gym this morning already exhausted.  Emotionally, I am beyond drained, but I cannot say that I've faced it alone.  The amount of support and encouragement I've received over the last few days has been incredible.  Tomorrow will be yet another long day...funeral and burial.  Thus, I probably will not write...

I certainly did not feel like I was my best today...which is tough to deal with when you're surrounded by people who fuel off of your own energy and drive.  While I felt distracted to some degree, I was still very much aware of my own internal struggles.  Needless to say, it was a hard day with an even harder workout.  Everything felt heavy.....very heavy.  And starting a workout with bodyweight wide-grip pull-ups is kicking yourself in the crotch before a fight.  It was brutal....but I pulled my tank-like-rearend up for 4 sets like a mad woman.  Back, shoulders, biceps, then sprints....loooong workout to say the least.

Workout:
Wide grip pull-ups 4 x 8
Single arm DB row 4 x 8 each
Seated cable row 4 x 6-8
Seated BB shoulder press 4 x 6-8
Front plate raise 4 x 8
Lateral raise from neutral 4 x 8
Lat bar curls 4 x 8
Straight bar standing curls 4 x 8
Hammer curls 2 x 12
Sprints

My lats and upper back are getting strong as hell.  I'm gonna need a new bra....38 A....which I'm sure doesn't exist.  And for good reason, no woman was naturally created with lats like bat wings....one good flex and I will be out of this bra faster than a prom-whore.  (Prom-whores: girls who slut themselves out only on prom night...thinking that since they are dressed up it somehow makes it less whore-ish.  Nope, still slutty.)  Anyway, point is that I am truly enjoying the strength gains from this new program design...more strength...more volume...overall good plan.

College kids are starting to roll back in town...always entertaining.  Chad and Kelsey returned today...full throttle.  It was great to have them in the gym though...I certainly needed the laughs and their enthusiasm.

Well, its late and I've got an extremely full day ahead.....a lot on my mind and just ready to have some closure...

No comments:

Post a Comment